InVision made its name helping design teams create the world’s best digital products. We broadened our impact as a thought leader guiding organizations toward design maturity. Now we’re taking what we’ve learned and built, and expanding our reach to designers and non-designers alike.
InVision is the visual collaboration platform powering the world’s best companies. The heart of InVision is Freehand, our online digital whiteboard. We built Freehand to transform the way people work together. We are trusted by 100% of the Fortune 100 because we understand that collaboration is about more than just seeing each other - it’s about fueling each other. More than 7 million people across global enterprises and small teams come to us when they are looking to transform the way they work together. InVision’s platform, education, and community enable businesses to work across distances and disciplines to unlock the expertise of every team member and deliver powerful business results.
What sets Freehand apart is not a thousand specialized bells and whistles for power-users. What is special about Freehand is the way it puts people at ease, encourages their creativity, and elevates their individual voice so that every member of a team can contribute meaningfully. Freehand is designed to be intuitive, inclusive, versatile, and enterprise ready. It is refreshingly simple, but surprisingly robust.
We’re on a mission to transform the way people work together by helping them collaborate better. On anything. From anywhere.
We are shaping the future of work.
Come join us.
We are looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer to help us build functional systems, improve monitoring and optimize our build pipeline in effort to improve the engineering velocity and experience. We work in scrum agile iterations on short-term deliverable cycles. We look to deliver our latest features to our customers on a weekly basis. We’re motivated to not only deliver the best products, but also to personally achieve. One of the central objectives of our company is to keep our team of hardworking specialists content and motivated. That’s why we need you, a devoted Lead DevOps Engineer, to be part of our team. You will have the exciting opportunity to drive our capacity for triaging and handling operational issues while advising our team on engineering systems that will make our entire codebase more reliable, testable, and scalable. You will also advance innovative/comprehensive tools and practices to improve deployment and testing. If you want to play an integral role in planning processes with the support of our entire engineering team, then consider working for us.
What you’ll do:
- Interact with team members to improve our engineers’ tools, technology stack, and application performance and stability.
- Analyze, organize, and provide in-depth code reviews to improve applications dynamically and ensure the timely completion of operations projects.
- Resolve operational concerns through collaboration with upstream support groups and various engineering teams to plan updates.
- Troubleshoot deployment issues to address technical commitments and boost sustainability.
- Expand the DevOps team by attracting exceptional teammates, and ensure their success by acting as a liaison between upper management and employees.
- Engineering Velocity - build infrastructure experience CI, (Github Actions, Jenkins, Concourse CI, Codeship). Identify and resolve CI bottlenecks.
- Package upgrades: Security keeping packages up to date based on vulnerabilities identified from Snyk or Security, Electron Upgrades, React Upgrades etc., (Package upgrades need to be coordinated with render, publishing and screen design)
- Monitoring - Consistent application monitoring, logging and aggregated dashboards would allow us to have “at a glance” insights into the runtime health of the product.
- Performance - Supporting performance as a first class CI/CD metric to allow us to find regressions before users do.
- Testing - Improved testing infrastructure, including cross-browser/cross-device testing would greatly improve quality and consistency for customers.
- Releasing - Introducing a canary channel, PR builds, nightly builds, and scheduled/verified releases in effort to greatly improve our agility in shipping both internally and externally.
What you’ll bring:
- 4+ years experience in DevOps or Build Engineering role
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or relevant experience
- You are motivated by helping other engineers succeed and work efficiently
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to program managers, customer support, and other engineers are no problem for you
- You are able to mentor and model best practices for software build and release processes
- Ability to construct and execute application status monitoring
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies
- Understands CI/CD concepts and nice if already built one
- Previous experience with version control best practices and technologies (i.e. GIT, SVN)
- Experience in some of the following languages
- Go, TypeScript, Bash
- Experience in optimizing/configuration some of the following technologies
- Github Actions
- Codespaces and/or Cloud Dev Environments
- Concourse CI
- Slack Integration
- Jira Integration
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.