InVision is the leading product design and development platform for teams building world-class digital products. It’s every company’s imperative to continuously innovate and improve on their customer experience: InVision’s platform, education, and community enable creative collaboration across teams and geographies for improved speed-to-market and powerful business results.
More than 7 million people across global enterprises and small teams come to us when they are looking for digital transformation. That process doesn’t start and end in any design tool: it encompasses ideation, conversation, visual collaboration and so much more. Teams use InVision to create, prototype and test new ideas; develop repeatable and streamlined processes in design, product and engineering; and improve workflows to move more efficiently from inspiration to production and drive innovation. The InVision platform allows teams to collaborate throughout the process with every stakeholder, giving individuals the visibility and know-how they require. Customers include 100 percent of the Fortune 100 and organizations including American Express, Adidas, Boeing, Ford Motor, Netflix, HBO, Ikea, Slack and Virgin Atlantic.
InVision is a fully distributed company with people in more than 20 countries. Investors include Accel, ICONIQ, FirstMark, Tiger Global, Battery Ventures, and Spark Capital. Visit us at InVisionApp.com and InVisionApp.com/blog.
Our team is in search of a Director of Strategy and Corporate Development to help us in our quest to change the way digital products are designed. The Director of Strategy & Corporate Development is a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and will report to the VP of Corporate Strategy & Business Operations.
About the Team:
There are four disciplines that comprise the Corporate Strategy and Business Operations team, although each of these areas work dynamically and fluidly together. They are: (1) Business Operations & Intelligence (2) Strategy & Corporate Development (3) Strategic Partnerships and (4) Data Analytics & Insights. The Business Operations & Corporate Strategy team works cross-functionally to develop and drive execution against strategy at a corporate and business unit/functional level across the company. The team partners with senior leadership at InVision to deliver high-impact strategic projects and data analysis, run the annual strategic planning process and to help implement and track key initiatives.
As the Director Strategy and Corporate Development you will own the annual strategic planning process and you will be the key driver of priority strategic projects and initiatives. You will also own and lead all M&A activity. You are a versatile “swiss-army knife” that can function at a high level in a dynamic environment, able to drive a diverse range of highest priority efforts for the company. You are a self-starter with higher ‘ownership’ and accountability orientation, who excels in ambiguity and can drive results with minimal oversight.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with ELT and key business leaders to develop, evaluate and implement impactful, cross-functionally aligned company strategies and associated execution plans
- Act as an ‘internal consultant’ - identifying and tackling a range of strategic and operational problems by developing informed hypotheses, driving data-driven analysis, engaging critical stakeholders/owners to build buy-in on the problem statement, problem-solving approach, and recommendations arising from your work; where relevant, you may carry forward recommendations to scope and drive high priority projects, especially those that are cross-functional in nature.
- Build deep cross-functional knowledge of internal operating environment and external market dynamics to serve as trusted advisor to InVision leadership team; leverage this understanding of the drivers of our business to proactively identify ways to improve performance, effectiveness, and efficiency and influence associated action
- Own annual company-level strategic planning and review processes, in close partnership with leaders across Product, Sales, Marketing, and Finance; co-ownership of driver-based plan modeling, workshopping, and scenarios development, in partnership with Strategic Finance
- Translate company strategy and priorities into inorganic plan/priorities, and execute against them
- Manage all M&A processes from exploratory conversions through due diligence and deal process; internal partnership with business leaders, VP Community & Partnerships, fellow Strategy & Business Operations leads, and Strategic Finance
- Develop market intelligence discipline (in partnership with Competitive Intel team within Marketing) and perspectives to identify risks and opportunities for InVision arising from your evaluation of broad market dynamics, evolving customer needs and competitive dynamics
- Contribute to creation of BoD material, external pitch decks, and other collateral; aimed at investors or outside parties (w/ Strategic Finance)
- Support any fundraising efforts (w/ Strategic Finance)
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ Years Experience in Consulting and Corporate Development or comparable roles in high-growth tech companies; Management Consulting and Enterprise SaaS industry experience is a big plus
- M&A experience
- Ability to lead discussions and manage the flow of information across all levels of business, including Executive Leadership Team
- Comfort with strategic frameworks and key processes related to strategy development, planning and M&A
- Demonstrated experience and ability to drive the full lifecycle of a problem or opportunity from hypothesis to implementation
- Experience working with cross functional teams, especially go-to-market and engineering/product/design teams
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.