InVision is the leading product design and development platform for teams building world-class digital products. It’s every company’s imperative to continuously innovate and improve on their customer experience: InVision’s platform, education, and community enable creative collaboration across teams and geographies for improved speed-to-market and powerful business results.
More than 7 million people across global enterprises and small teams come to us when they are looking for digital transformation. That process doesn’t start and end in any design tool: it encompasses ideation, conversation, visual collaboration and so much more. Teams use InVision to create, prototype and test new ideas; develop repeatable and streamlined processes in design, product and engineering; and improve workflows to move more efficiently from inspiration to production and drive innovation. The InVision platform allows teams to collaborate throughout the process with every stakeholder, giving individuals the visibility and know-how they require. Customers include 100 percent of the Fortune 100 and organizations including American Express, Adidas, Boeing, Ford Motor, Netflix, HBO, Ikea, Slack and Virgin Atlantic.
InVision is a fully distributed company with people in more than 20 countries. Investors include Accel, ICONIQ, FirstMark, Tiger Global, Battery Ventures, and Spark Capital. Visit us at InVisionApp.com and InVisionApp.com/blog.
Our team is in search of an Engineering Manager to help us change the way digital products are built.
About the Team:
The Auth team builds & enhances the authentication experience of our users within the InVison ecosystem as well as integrations with our partners. This is a very impactful part of InVision as it is critical to properly verify the identity of anyone accessing our customer’s assets. We also bring a collaboration experience to our users through working with our strategic partners and integrating InVision’s capabilities directly into the products/platforms of our partners which all will require appropriate authentication services. Lastly, we are working towards evolving our platform by adding features and functionality to provide an ever growing set of tools for our users to manage access to their InVision instance.
You will lead a team of engineers to enhance our existing authentication platform as well as enable new integrations with third-party services. You will also help drive the roadmap to evolve the platform to constantly improve our authentication capabilities. You will consult with internal client teams and partner with product managers and designers. As you partner with product and design, you will ensure our platform continues to be forward-looking to meet new product goals as well as security compliance in the future. At InVision we work in a modern web stack (React, Typescript on the front-end, Go on the back-end), and drive innovative engineering design in our core product experience.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of 4-6 engineers
- Create a culture of innovation on the team where ideas are generated to make the best possible customer experience
- Work with product managers, designers, and engineering leaders to develop an engineering roadmap that supports both current and future authentication needs
- Be responsible for delivering authentication related projects that span across the stack (front-end, back-end, & native software)
- Set effective and measurable goals for team and individual levels
- Communicate clearly with product owners, engineers, other engineering leaders and our integration partners
- Run team rituals such as stand ups, planning, backlog grooming, etc.
- Work with design, product, and engineering leaders to organize reports, metrics, and KPIs
- Consistently evaluate team processes for efficiency and refine them
- Mentor and technically lead developers on the team and act as a point of contact for cross team initiatives. Help grow engineers on their career path.
What you’ll bring:
- Prior experience managing a team of 5+ software engineers
- Experience with Authentication or other identity management services.
- Proven track record in shipping products and solutions in a fast-paced and large scale environment
- Experience working in cross functional teams
- Experience managing vendors and partners in delivering projects
- Experience integrating 3rd party tools and building an API platform for 3rd party developers
- Bias towards action, absolute willingness to own the problem and drive towards a speedy solution
- A passion for operational excellence and a drive towards creating performant and reliable applications through metrics-driven decisions
- Keen eye for details and delivering quality products on tight timelines; you can motivate your team to find solutions which may be outside of the box
- Ability to comprehend and understand complex systems as a whole, and also to focus in and communicate relevant aspects of the system to non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and milestone management skills
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.