InVision is the leading product design and development platform for teams building world-class digital products. It’s every company’s imperative to continuously innovate and improve on their customer experience: InVision’s platform, education, and community enable creative collaboration across teams and geographies for improved speed-to-market and powerful business results.
More than 7 million people across global enterprises and small teams come to us when they are looking for digital transformation. That process doesn’t start and end in any design tool: it encompasses ideation, conversation, visual collaboration and so much more. Teams use InVision to create, prototype and test new ideas; develop repeatable and streamlined processes in design, product and engineering; and improve workflows to move more efficiently from inspiration to production and drive innovation. The InVision platform allows teams to collaborate throughout the process with every stakeholder, giving individuals the visibility and know-how they require. Customers include 100 percent of the Fortune 100 and organizations including American Express, Adidas, Boeing, Ford Motor, Netflix, HBO, Ikea, Slack and Virgin Atlantic.
InVision is a fully distributed company with people in more than 20 countries. Investors include Accel, ICONIQ, FirstMark, Tiger Global, Battery Ventures, and Spark Capital. Visit us at InVisionApp.com and InVisionApp.com/blog.
Our team is in search of a Principal Software Engineer - Freehand to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
You’ll be working on one of InVision’s fastest growing and highest priority products - Freehand. Freehand is InVision’s infinite digital whiteboarding tool that allows teams to collaborate together on wireframes, whiteboard ideas together live, present to stakeholders, and immediately receive feedback — all within the tool we build. We’re a team that moves quickly, rapidly prototypes ideas, and gives a lot of ownership to its engineers. Watch this video to learn more about Freehand and create your own account to try it out: https://www.invisionapp.com/feature/freehand
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Engineering Leads and other Principal Engineers to develop architectural strategy for large-scale technology and product initiatives
- Work closely with Product Managers, Designers, and QA to design and develop the product’s functionality, look and feel, and test plans
- Write secure, maintainable code that powers the world’s leading whiteboarding and design platform
- Mentor other developers, participate in code reviews and act as a point of contact for architecture and cross-team initiatives
- Be a champion for the team in leading and improving processes towards engineering excellence
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years of Fullstack experience designing and building high volume, scalable SaaS applications from end-to-end. Strong proficiency in modern frontend frameworks and backend architecture
- Multiple years of experience debugging complex issues; you can debug a web application problem all the way from the browser, through the transport, to the application, servers, databases, and asynchronous queues. Logs and core dumps don’t frighten you
- Use of continuous integration and delivery technologies at an expert level; you have the ability and interest to teach others best practices
- Motivation to understand the business, our users, their requirements, and to deliver results
- Passion for continued learning and a track record of picking up new technologies and skills as you ship awesome code
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.