InVision is the leading product design and development platform for teams building world-class digital products. It’s every company’s imperative to continuously innovate and improve on their customer experience: InVision’s platform, education, and community enable creative collaboration across teams and geographies for improved speed-to-market and powerful business results.
More than 7 million people across global enterprises and small teams come to us when they are looking for digital transformation. That process doesn’t start and end in any design tool: it encompasses ideation, conversation, visual collaboration and so much more. Teams use InVision to create, prototype and test new ideas; develop repeatable and streamlined processes in design, product and engineering; and improve workflows to move more efficiently from inspiration to production and drive innovation. The InVision platform allows teams to collaborate throughout the process with every stakeholder, giving individuals the visibility and know-how they require. Customers include 100 percent of the Fortune 100 and organizations including American Express, Adidas, Boeing, Ford Motor, Netflix, HBO, Ikea, Slack and Virgin Atlantic.
InVision is a fully distributed company with people in more than 20 countries. Investors include Accel, ICONIQ, FirstMark, Tiger Global, Battery Ventures, and Spark Capital. Visit us at InVisionApp.com and InVisionApp.com/blog.
Our team is in search of a Principal Product Designer to help us change the way digital products are designed.
What you’ll do:
- Help shape the vision for the next generation of InVision’s classic prototyping experience.
- Invent new ways to make powerful prototyping and motion design capabilities accessible to all creators.
- Lead discovery and exploration of new opportunities to help designers create their best work with our tools.
- Demonstrate and model beautiful, functional visual and interaction design. Elegantly architect complex end-to-end flows.
- Contribute to creating a creative culture that’s supportive, high-achieving and team-oriented. Contribute to building out practices, rituals and culture across our Design organization.
- Provide partnership to product managers, engineers and researchers to solve complex problems, find compromises and plan effectively. Use foresight to uncover interdependencies, trade-offs and risks in long term workstreams - making them visible and collaborating to resolve challenges early.
- Commit to continually learning, training, and improving yourself and others’ craft and collaboration skills.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a design discipline related to: interaction, information architecture, user interface, UX, graphic design.
- 8+ years working in consulting and/or in-house design or product team.
- Extensive experience of shipping products that exist and are loved in the world. Demonstrable successes in both launching new-to-the-world, innovative products, as well as scaling and optimizing products already in the market.
- Experience building partnerships with Product Management leaders, Engineering leaders, Product Marketers, Researchers and Data Analysts.
- Passion for driving both strategy and execution. Meticulous attention to detail applied to everything from strategic direction through to usability and aesthetics.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience working across web, IOS and Android; solid knowledge of HTML/CSS, iOS and Android semantics.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, visual).
- Expert in: Sketch, Adobe Suite, InVision and other prototyping tools.
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.