InVision is the leading product design and development platform for teams building world-class digital products. It’s every company’s imperative to continuously innovate and improve on their customer experience: InVision’s platform, education, and community enable creative collaboration across teams and geographies for improved speed-to-market and powerful business results.
More than 7 million people across global enterprises and small teams come to us when they are looking for digital transformation. That process doesn’t start and end in any design tool: it encompasses ideation, conversation, visual collaboration and so much more. Teams use InVision to create, prototype and test new ideas; develop repeatable and streamlined processes in design, product and engineering; and improve workflows to move more efficiently from inspiration to production and drive innovation. The InVision platform allows teams to collaborate throughout the process with every stakeholder, giving individuals the visibility and know-how they require. Customers include 100 percent of the Fortune 100 and organizations including American Express, Adidas, Boeing, Ford Motor, Netflix, HBO, Ikea, Slack and Virgin Atlantic.
InVision is a fully distributed company with people in more than 20 countries. Investors include Accel, ICONIQ, FirstMark, Tiger Global, Battery Ventures, and Spark Capital. Visit us at InVisionApp.com and InVisionApp.com/blog.
Our team is in search of an Engineer to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
We are a lean, agile, startup-like group of highly experienced product, design and engineering professionals. We work on super interesting high-volume projects to grow and enhance Muzli’s various properties, in short development and testing cycles.
What you’ll do:
- You'll be part of a small team that works cross-functionally on one of the InVision products. You’ll implement server-side logic, tests, and deploy to production multiple times a day.
- You’ll build small, robust backend services in Node.js that must be reliable, scalable, and handle large sets of data.
- You will implement and keep in check of cloud infrastructure that consist of multiple microservices within different cloud service providers.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning. Identify performance bottlenecks and troubleshoot performance issues
- You’ll work closely with Product Managers, Designers, and other Engineers to develop the best end-to-end experience for InVision’s users.
- Every day will offer a variety of work, an opportunity to contribute new ideas, and the ability to share your knowledge within and outside of the InVision organization.
- You will collaborate to problem solving and design
What you’ll bring:
- Back end engineering experience designing and building high volume, scalable services.
- Experience debugging complex issues at every level of the stack; you can debug a web application problem all the way from the browser, through the transport, through the application and servers and databases and asynchronous queues.
- Functional knowledge and wisdom of high-end, auto-scalable, cloud based solutions (AWS, Heroku)
- Strong proficiency in Node.js
- Use of continuous integration and delivery technologies at an expert level; you have the ability and interest to teach others best practices.
- Curiosity to iterate and improve on solutions; you view unknowns as challenges and enjoy them.
- Motivation to understand the business, our users, their requirements, and to deliver results.
- Passion for continued learning and a track record of picking up new technologies and skills as you ship awesome code.
- Experience with ML is a plus
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Understanding of ElasticSearch is a plus
- Timezone UTC+2 is a plus
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.