InVision is the leading product design and development platform for teams building world-class digital products. It’s every company’s imperative to continuously innovate and improve on their customer experience: InVision’s platform, education, and community enable creative collaboration across teams and geographies for improved speed-to-market and powerful business results.
More than 7 million people across global enterprises and small teams come to us when they are looking for digital transformation. That process doesn’t start and end in any design tool: it encompasses ideation, conversation, visual collaboration and so much more. Teams use InVision to create, prototype and test new ideas; develop repeatable and streamlined processes in design, product and engineering; and improve workflows to move more efficiently from inspiration to production and drive innovation. The InVision platform allows teams to collaborate throughout the process with every stakeholder, giving individuals the visibility and know-how they require. Customers include 100 percent of the Fortune 100 and organizations including American Express, Adidas, Boeing, Ford Motor, Netflix, HBO, Ikea, Slack and Virgin Atlantic.
InVision is a fully distributed company with people in more than 20 countries. Investors include Accel, ICONIQ, FirstMark, Tiger Global, Battery Ventures, and Spark Capital. Visit us at InVisionApp.com and InVisionApp.com/blog.
Our team is in search of a Product Design Manager to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
As a Manager, Product Designer within our Collaborative Experience group, you will play an important role in driving and executing on our key initiatives to increase cross disciplinary customer engagement across our platform. Working collaboratively with your engineering, product, and design team partners, you will solve problems and deliver world class design solutions that improve our product offering for Engineers, Product Managers, and other stakeholders who regularly take part in the product design process. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and industry-leading visual design skills while also managing a small team.
What you’ll do:
- Shape the next generation of the InVision product and user experience
- Manage and drive the work of a 4 person design group
- Take broad, conceptual ideas, apply a strategic mindset and turn them into something useful and desirable for our customers and impactful to our business
- Drive innovation by exploring creative ideas that will elevate the product experience by designing flows and interfaces that are incredibly simple, effective, and elegant
- Support maintaining a high bar of design quality within the group through regular peer review and mentorship
- Work closely with designers, product managers, engineering and leadership in a highly collaborative environment
- Contribute to high-level strategic direction with the rest of the product team
- Push boundaries and break the status quo to get us to our ideal future state
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years of industry experience in product and visual interface design
- 2+ years of design management experience
- An awe-inspiring portfolio of first rate interaction design and interface work across desktop and mobile experiences with detailed descriptions of your process, role, and contribution
- Deep understanding of customer empathy to create elegant but practical solutions
- A passion for inclusive cross-disciplinary design process
- Autonomous mastery of craft: ability to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and oversee the implementation by partnering closely with engineering
- An obsessive interest and knowledge of the product design tools landscape
- Commitment for building a people-first team culture that places diversity at the heart
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience working within a cross-functional team in an agile environment essential
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.