InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Director of Corporate Development & Partnerships to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
This role will help our Executive and Senior Leadership Team develop and refine portfolio and commercial strategy, define the right organic and inorganic growth levers for executing against the strategy, and help drive critical cross-functional efforts. This person will play a pivotal role in shaping many of InVision’s most strategic decisions and have leadership responsibilities in the dimensions of Corporate Development and strategic partnerships.
What you’ll do:
- Play a lead role in InVision’s strategic planning process. Including establishing the company’s strategic priorities, filtering corporate-level strategy down to relevant activities and investments for each department, and carrying forward those efforts that fall in the Corporate Development/Partnerships domain
- Build a thorough understanding of InVision products and how we add value to our customers. Gather intelligence and insights about our broader market and ecosystem and key players within it. Synthesize this knowledge into a point of view on how we can drive sustained competitive advantage, and specifically how collaborating with other players in our ecosystem may help establish, reinforce, or enhance this strategic positioning
- Arising from that work, drive InVision’s Partnership strategy development and identification, prospecting, and negotiation of/with partners
- Identify and drive M&A activity including deal screening, due diligence, investment case development, transaction structuring, managing third-party intermediaries, financial analysis, post-merger integration, etc
- Participate in or lead ad hoc special “internal consulting” projects at the request of the CEO, CSO, or other executives
- Co-own (with Strategy & Business Operations leadership colleagues) InVision’s addressable market definition and opportunity sizing by industry vertical, sub-segment, and geography
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years of experience either in-house or as a consultant in strategy, corporate development, or partnership leadership role in a technology company, ideally SaaS software industry; alternatively relevant experience from the investing (PE/VC) perspective may be considered
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Experience growing/distributing digital products. Prior work with Engineering & Product teams is desirable
- Experience with product partnerships and integrations, collaborating closely with product management
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and on your feet with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels
- Leadership & general management skills, especially in setting strategy, gaining alignment, & building a strong team. Along with the ability to build trust quickly at all levels of the organization including senior management
- Proven ability to develop relationships, negotiate, and problem-solve with external partners
- Strong analytical skills – able to evaluate opportunities from strategic, brand, financial, and operational perspectives; we’re also looking for you to be a strategic thinker, tactical executor able to shift from big picture to detailed operations on a dime, a team player with an excellent track record of success in highly matrixed, fast-paced environments with changing priorities
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.