InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 97 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Director of Strategic Partnerships to help us in our quest to change the way digital products are designed. The Director of Strategic Partnerships is a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and will report to the VP of Corporate Strategy & Business Operations.
About the Team:
There are four disciplines that comprise the Corporate Strategy and Business Operations team, although each of these areas work dynamically and fluidly together. They are: (1) Business Operations & Intelligence (2) Strategy & Corporate Development (3) Strategic Partnerships and (4) Data Analytics & Insights. The Business Operations & Corporate Strategy team works cross-functionally to develop and drive execution against strategy at a corporate and business unit/functional level across the company. The team partners with senior leadership at InVision to deliver high-impact strategic projects and data analysis, run the annual strategic planning process and to help implement and track key initiatives.
As the Director Strategic Partnerships, you will lead and own the strategic partnership strategy and execution. You are a big picture thinker and are impact oriented. You are a self-starter who loves to roll up your sleeves. You will not only identify and cultivate strategic partnership opportunities, but will continue on as the key external executive relationship manager and internal program manager for critical partnerships. You will form a 3-legged stool with the Product & GTM partnership leads to drive implementation and monitor progress and performance of live partnerships. As needed, you may flex into broader Corporate Development efforts in partnership with your fellow Strategy and Corporate Development leads and will be involved in the annual strategic planning process. You will also oversee one team member who is focused on University Partnerships.
What you’ll do:
- Translate overarching corporate and product strategy into strategic partnership strategy, priorities, execution plan and OKRs across multiple indirect channels (Distributors, Resellers, Systems Integrators, Agency Partners)
- Outreach to key execs, stakeholders and decision-makers in strategic partner companies both within the Design universe and in the broader enterprise software ecosystem; build relationships, dig deep into their strategic and operating environments to identify opportunities for mutual benefit
- Co-create shared vision for successful outcomes with partner counter-parties, and translate that vision into co-owned execution plan and commercial terms (where relevant)
- Program Manage shared project plans in major strategic relationships
- Partner with Strategy & Corp Dev lead on (1) technical deal structure (2) evaluating buy vs. partner options with potential inorganic opportunities (incl. inbound suitors and other key players within the Design workflow and adjacencies)
- Partner with VP Community & Partnerships to vet inbound interest
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ Years Experience in Strategic Partnerships or comparable roles in high-growth tech companies
- Demonstrated experience and ability to drive the full lifecycle of strategic relationship, from ideation through to implementation and performance management
- Deal structuring and implementation experience is a big plus
- Strong Program Management experience
- Ability to lead discussions and manage the flow of information across all levels of business, including Executive Leadership Team
- Comfort with key processes related to strategy partnership development and execution
- Your perspectives on areas of opportunity and leverage for InVision vis-a-vis our wider market ecosystem
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.