InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Staff Software Engineer to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
The Edge team owns the API gateway that acts as the entry point for all requests into the product. You’ll be part of a team that implements shared and platform level services while utilizing monitoring, alerts and automated tests to operate and maintain aggressive SLAs. New challenges on our roadmap include evolving our systems to support traffic management, observability, policy enforcement, and enhanced security consistently across our microservices.
What you’ll do:
- Play a major role in ensuring cross-org initiatives meet their commitments by proactively noticing and helping anywhere needed
- Contribute to architectural direction and understand the business strategy to ensure technology solutions solve the right problems
- Architect, build, and operate platform services that other internal services rely on for key functionality
- Build services that remain performant under large loads and can automatically scale up and down to maximize efficiency
- Be transparent - Working in a remote/async setting means we highly value a written culture for the benefit of clarity, communication, and historical record-keeping
- Ship highly reliable code - Safeguard our codebase to ensure that only high-quality PRs get approved and provide feedback on those that don’t
- Clearly scope projects and the work involved, providing an accurate level-of-effort that can align with other cross-team priorities
What you’ll bring:
- Strong proficiency in Golang; JS experience is considered an asset
- Multiple years of experience debugging complex issues at every level of the stack; you can debug a web application problem all the way from the browser, through the transport, through the application and servers and databases and asynchronous queues
- Logs and core dumps don’t frighten you
- Hands-on experience building and operating shared services that scale
- Use of continuous integration and delivery technologies at an expert level; you have the ability and interest to teach others best practices
- Curiosity to iterate and improve on solutions; you view unknowns as challenges and enjoy them
- Motivation to understand the business, our users, their requirements, and to deliver results
- Passion for operational excellence and a drive towards creating performant and reliable applications
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.