InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of an Engineering Manager to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
The Platform Engineering Organization is a force-multiplier across all of our Engineering teams, building and owning infrastructure, services, and tooling designed to enable engineers to own and manage their systems, including data storage solutions, and driving best practices around efficiency and reliability. Our ideal candidate has experience working on or managing teams driving reliability and efficiency with data storage or event streaming infrastructure.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of 4-7 engineers in a fully distributed environment across various time zones in multiple countries
- Work with stakeholders both within and across your organization, from Engineers to Executives
- Plan the work of the team, lead the spring planning and coordinate with other teams on their sprint planning to ensure alignment across the Platform organization
- Mentor and help engineers in your team to plan and execute their career paths
- Seek out and listen to the customer, and work with your team to create solutions that will have the highest impact
- Create a culture of innovation on the team where ideas are generated and executed
- Review technical proposals from the team and make sure they are sound
What you’ll bring:
- Prior experience managing a team (or teams) of Engineers with a servant leader approach to leadership — we serve our teams, not the other way around
- Experience with cloud computing platforms
- Experience with infrastructure management tools, processes and service-ownership culture
- Experience with efficient and reliable use of data storage or streaming technologies like MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, or Kafka
- Bias towards action, absolute willingness to own the problem and drive towards a speedy solution; you won’t stop until the problem is solved with an effective solution
- Keen eye for details and delivering quality products on tight timelines; you can motivate your team to find solutions which may be outside of the box, you approach problem spaces from many angles
- Ability to comprehend and understand complex systems as a whole, and also to focus in and communicate relevant aspects of the system to non-technical stakeholders
- Collaborative nature, with willingness and desire to work across multiple teams and departments; you can take all concerned parties into consideration and craft solutions which are win-win for everyone
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.