InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Lead Software Engineer to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
You’ll be working on one of the most critical products in InVision’s universe; Craft and Web Prototyping. This team focuses on delivering best in class experiences to our Customers while solving tough challenges like developing interactive prototyping tools and creating design workflow plugins. You'll be part of a small team that implements our native macOS clients for InVision, Sketch plugins, and our custom plugin delivery service. To learn in a bit more detail about what you will be working on, please watch this video: https://vimeo.com/153858834
What you’ll do:
- Work with designers and product managers to deliver new features in our native macOS apps and Sketch plugins
- Implement native macOS user interfaces using both Swift and Objective-C
- Refactor code on an ongoing basis to improve developer efficiency, architecture, and quality
- Research and help to define technical standards for the company
- Lead code reviews and guide software architecture decisions for your team
- Create system documentation/play book(s) and serve as a lead technical reviewer and contributor
- Actively work to understand and implement initiatives to drive quality such as stability, performance, and clean code
What you’ll bring:
- Sketch plugin development and Node.js experience is a plus
- Hands on experience designing, implementing, deploying through CI, and operating distributed systems at scale and under heavy load
- Multiple years of experience mentoring and leading experienced engineers
- A track record of building consensus and influencing technical decisions across an organization
- Multiple years of experience debugging complex issues at every level of the stack
- Solid understanding of cross-process interactions (either app to app or app to distributed service)
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.