InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Principal Software Engineer - Studio to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
We’re looking for technical experts who can turn product ideas into reality and operate diverse products for millions of customers, from the small to the behemoth. We’re excited by challenges of scale—both the number and size of customers—and a diverse set of products. If you’re looking for variety, we have it. Every team ships code daily. We’re motivated to not only deliver the best products, but also to personally achieve.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll work closely with Engineering Leads and other Principal Engineers, developing the architectural strategy for large-scale cross-cutting technology and product concerns
- You’ll also work closely with Product Managers, Designers, and QA to design and develop the product’s functionality, look and feel, and test plans
- You’ll frequently work with other Product Engineering and Platform Service teams to incorporate their components, services and tools into your product; as well as, share components, services, and best practices in return
- Every day offers a variety of work, an opportunity to contribute new ideas, and the ability to share your knowledge within and outside of the InVision organization
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience debugging complex issues at every level of the stack; you can debug a web application problem all the way from the browser, through the transport, through the application and servers and databases and asynchronous queues
- Strong problem solving skills with a bias to action. You’ll be identifying and digging into difficult technical areas and paving the way forward for engineers
- Experienced creating and nurturing an engineering culture of high-quality and continuous improvement
- A deep understanding of React, and state management frameworks/architectures like Redux
- Experience using modern unit testing frameworks (like Jest)
- Familiarity building large-scale SPAs (single page applications)
- Motivation to understand the business, our users, their requirements, and to deliver results
- Passion for continued learning and a track record of picking up new technologies and skills as you ship awesome code
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.