InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Senior Full Stack Engineer - Web Prototyping to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
You’ll be working on one of the most critical products in InVision’s universe; Craft and Web Prototyping. This team focuses on delivering best in class experiences to our Customers while solving tough challenges like performance and scalability. You'll be part of a small team that implements backend-end API services, client-side-logic, unit, integration, functional tests, and deploys to production multiple times a week. To learn in a bit more detail about what you will be working on, please watch this video: https://youtu.be/1H7Ql9hmbuM
What you’ll do:
- Build robust and secure backend-end and front-end services that must be performant under load, scalable, and handle large sets of data
- Monitor and respond to production issues according to SLA
- Help troubleshoot production incidents
- Create system documentation/play book(s) and serve as a technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design, and code reviews
- Collaborate with tech lead(s) to sequence and deliver complex projects
- Refactor code on an ongoing basis to improve developer efficiency, architecture, and quality
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to software architecture decisions with your team
- Actively work to understand and implement initiatives to drive quality such as stability, performance, and clean code
What you’ll bring:
- Strong proficiency in Node.js, and/or Go
- Multiple years of experience working on teams designing, building, and debugging high volume, scalable SaaS applications from end-to-end
- Curiosity to iterate and improve on solutions; you view unknowns as challenges and enjoy them
- Multiple years of experience debugging complex issues at every level of the stack
- A passion for operational excellence and a drive towards creating performant and reliable applications
- Passion for continued learning and a track record of picking up new technologies and skills as you ship awesome code
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.