InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Staff Backend Engineer - Web Prototyping to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
You'll be working on one of the most critical products in InVision's universe; Craft and Web Prototyping. This team focuses on delivering best in class experiences to our Customers whiles solving tough challenges like performance and scalability. You'll be part of a small team that implements backend-end API services, unit, integration, and functional tests, and deploys to production multiple times a week. To learn in a bit more detail about what you will be working on, please watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H7Ql9hmbuM
What you’ll do:
- Build and own operational excellence of robust backend-end services that must be performant under load, scalable, and handle large sets of data
- Mentor and technically lead other senior developers on the team and act as a point of contact for cross team initiatives
- Create system documentation/play book(s) and serve as a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews
- Refactor code on an ongoing basis to improve developer efficiency, architecture, and quality
- Research and help to define technical standards for the company
- Lead code reviews and guide software architecture decisions for your team
- Actively work to understand and implement initiatives to drive quality such as stability, performance, and clean code
What you’ll bring:
- Strong proficiency in Node.js and/or Go
- Hands on experience designing, implementing, deploying through CI and operating distributed systems at scale and under heavy load
- Multiple years of experience mentoring and leading experienced engineers
- A track record of building consensus and influencing technical decisions across the organization
- Multiple years of experience debugging complex issues at every level of the stack
- A passion for operational excellence and a drive towards creating performant and reliable applications
- Solid understanding of cross-process interactions (either app to app or app to distributed service)
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.