InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Lead Software Engineer - Chaos Engineering to help us change the way digital products are designed.
This Lead Software Engineer - Chaos Engineering position is for a dynamic leader who can join teams already performing and start making strategic decisions right away. This position is as a senior software engineer to lead architecture, design decisions and drive reliability projects by consulting with product teams to identify anti-patterns and optimization strategies.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of senior engineers responsible for reliability and performance standards
- Analyze complex problems in the application space relating to resilience
- Create operational tooling for monitoring, self-healing infrastructures, and chaos testing
- Work across teams identify and fix issues that affect reliability and performance
- Code in Golang!
- You’ll help guide architectural decisions and direct solutions that enhance our product reliability
- Dive into system and latent reliability issues, service performance, and capacity modeling of distributed systems at scale
- Lead development of circuit breaking and load shedding libraries
- Analyze integration patterns of complex distributed systems, design game day and testing scenarios, develop automated chaos testing in pre-production systems
- Partner with development to identify anti-patterns and create fallback experiences to critical scenarios
- Design and create controlled chaos in production systems
- Mentor other developers and site reliability engineers in new technologies being implemented
What you’ll bring (we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single one):
- 1+ years of experience with Golang
- 2+ years experience with enterprise level infrastructure designs, implementation and support
- 2+ years experience working in an AWS environment
- 2 years of experience with application monitoring tools
- Good communication skills and experience leading projects
- Strong experience building microservices at scale
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- A passion for creating performant and reliable applications
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.