InVision is the Digital Product Design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development.
Today, more than 4 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
We are looking for an experienced Product Design leader to head-up one of our primary design areas focused on building tools that help our customers streamline their Design Operations with scalable design systems and improving how designers share and collaborate together. Current products within this area include our new Design System Manager and Wake. Come join us to lead the evolution of design system thinking and change the way design teams from around the world build the products we all know and love!
What you’ll do
With your Product Management and Engineering leaders as your key partners, you’ll lead this strategic initiative for InVision by articulating vision and strategy while overseeing the user experience design across products within your focus area, we call these zones. You’ll provide insight, guidance and mentorship to designers and collaborate across the company in building delightful experiences for our users.
- Support your teams to get their product direction and user experience right while aligning them together
- Lead discovery and exploration of new strategic opportunities within the zone and collaborate across zones to ensure a holistic end-to-end user experience
- Shape the vision for the user experience of the products within the zone
- Apply your deep understanding of studying user intent and behavior to ensure your zone does the right user research and shares back insight into the broader organization
- Recruit, build, lead, grow, and retain a team of fantastic Product Designers
- Contribute to building out practices, rituals and culture across our Design organization
Who you are
You are a passionate Design Leader with experience in:
- Product, Engineering, Insights and Marketing partnerships – You’ve worked alongside and fostered trusted relationships with Product Managers, Developers, Product Marketers, Researchers and Data Analysts
- Building teams and culture – You’ve helped scale design practices inside of a 50+ person company. You have multiple years of experience leading and growing design culture in an agile or lean environment
- Design Systems – You’ve collaborated in building scalable design systems and have worked within an organization that has a DesignOps function
- 6+ years of experience leading multidisciplinary design teams at user-focused technology, media or enterprise companies
- Demonstrable successes in both launching (innovating) and scaling (iterating) products as a strategic partner
- You enjoy the craft and refining your skills
- You’re an excellent communicator. You help your team to communicate clearly and distinctly, both verbally and in writing, to peers and business stakeholders
- Track record of developing your people; when we reference check you with your direct reports they will speak highly of you
- You are user and data focused with a solid understanding of qualitative and quantitative methodologies
What you’ll get
- Shape the next generation of digital design tools
- Make a real unique impact on the lives of millions of people, take on full ownership of the product experience and contribute to our design philosophy
- Drive innovation, explore novel technologies and elevate the product experience internally and externally
- Countless product design challenges and diverse projects that are driven by interdisciplinary teams
- Work closely with designers, product managers, engineering and leadership in a highly collaborative environment
- Learn from a diverse international team. Find mentors and get support on your professional growth
- Push boundaries and break the product’s status quo to get us to the ideal future state
- Work from home (or from one of our many co-working spaces) with quarterly travel for in-person collaboration with your teams and peers across Design, Product Management and Engineering
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. In the United States we have team members throughout 40+ states including New York, San Francisco, Austin, Portland, and Boston. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose. The benefits we offer in the United States include competitive health plans and a 401k plan.
Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country. Please ask our recruiting team about the benefits and perks package available in your country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.