Invisibly is fixing the attention economy by improving the ecosystem for consumers, content creators, and advertisers. Quality content is vital and must stop getting lost amongst clickbait, fake news, and invasive ad tech. We provide creators with the economic incentive to deliver quality content by streamlining the attention economy; we provide greater consumer engagement and insights for brands; and we empower consumers with transparency and choice.
Our Build Team at Invisibly is looking for backend software engineer who is willing to join a dynamic, diverse, and dedicated group of peers to design our products, test our technologies, and engineer our creative solutions.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related degree
- 5-7 years work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Extensive experience in software development, scripting and project management
- Understanding of microservices and distributed system design.
- Expertise in Python programming languages is must with working knowledge on C++ or the Java/J2EE platform
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL and NoSQL databases such as Aerpospike, Bigtable
- Familiarity with various operating systems such as Linux, Mac OS, Windows
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude and ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
Bonus points if you have:
- 7-10 years work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Experience in adtech or fintech start-ups
- Experience with Agile, specifically Scrum, methodologies
Technologies We Use and Teach:
- Apache Kafka, Nginx
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, Aerospike, Druid, Bigtable
- GCP, Linux, Kubernetes, Docker, New Relic, Elasticsearch, Kibana
- Github, JIRA, Jenkins
At Invisibly, our team is our strength. In order to fix the attention economy, we have to start with a diverse and empowered workforce. We achieve this by evaluating all job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applications with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to hr(at)invisibly.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.