Are you a seasoned Software Engineer with hands-on experience developing high quality desktop or web applications? Are you looking to apply your energy and experience towards advancing the development of novel cancer treatments? If the answer is yes, then we would love to chat!
We are Inventia Life Science (www.inventia.life) and we are radically changing the way the world treats disease and injury. We're a multidisciplinary team, deeply inspired by the purpose of innovating for the better and backed by top-tier venture capital funds.
The current global team sits at just over 70 employees and is growing rapidly across our Sydney, Delaware (USA) and Dublin (Ireland) offices. We highly value our culture, the diversity of the team and the passion we have for taking our product to market and the impact it will have.
The Software & Systems Team
At Inventia, we work in small, cross-functional development teams that include scientists, biomedical engineers and product specialists because we believe that diversity and collaboration are how we best deliver impact to our users.
In the Software and Systems Practice, we care deeply about code quality and automated testing. Why? Because of our mission to be constantly deploying new features and enhancements to our customers.
Our software engineering backgrounds are varied with the majority being brand new to biotech. Team members have joined us from both small tech start-ups and large industry companies based in Australia, the US and Europe.
What keeps the Software & Systems Team at Inventia?
Some of the many reasons include believing in Inventia’s mission, our culture (where the office is cleared out by 5pm), the love of working in such a positive and transparent environment with everyone being respectful and kind, as well as managers and founders always being open to all ideas. The work is always very diverse and varied with individual contributors empowered to own projects (or “workstreams'', as we call them) and components of our software stack.
We are now looking for a Senior Software Engineer to come on board and help us with the architecture, design and implementation of web services, libraries and applications that enables and supports our RASTRUM 3D cell biology platform.
These applications enable our customers’ workflow for RASTRUM whilst providing critical visibility and diagnostic tools for our internal teams supporting our customers’ success. Our revolutionary technology empowers industry pioneers in the fields of drug discovery and personlised medicine to drive impactful innovation, from disease treatment (in areas such as cancer) through to the way we treat injuries.
As the Software Practice at Inventia is rapidly growing, you will help shape our engineering culture, processes and tech stack while taking part in long term strategic decisions.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for someone who is:
- Excited to bring their first-hand experience of designing, delivering, and maintaining full-stack applications
- Motivated by impact, and prioritises features based on the value they produce once released to customers
- Eager to adopt and enhance our philosophy of designing for regular incremental releases (and can become comfortable with addressing failures we encounter along the way!), and can plan and prioritise tasks based on their impact
- Friendly, technically curious, and motivated by the opportunity to work directly with biological science experts in a cross-disciplinary, customer centric environment - during an exciting product development period
- A relationship builder and change enabler, within and outside of their discipline
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, software engineering or related field
- 5+ years of commercial software development experience
- 2+ years developing backend web services, libraries and APIs in at least one Object Oriented language
- 1+ years developing Frontend web applications in Vue.js, React.js or other popular front end frameworks
- Experience with automated testing, databases and distributed systems
- Experience with standard software practices such as CI/CD pipelines, Unit testing and GitHub Flow
- Biomedical Engineering experience or education
- IoT or embedded systems experience or knowledge
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code tooling targeting AWS, GCP or Azure
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Solid understanding of UI/UX best practices and principles
If the above sounds like what you’ve been searching for, let’s start a conversation.
We also strongly encourage you to apply even if you are not sure you fit all of the criteria we’ve mentioned. Come as you are - we believe that diversity drives innovation.
A lot of people talk about unique and exceptional cultures, but not many lead it. Unlike many other startups, we genuinely live and breathe a good work-life balance. Our passions are many and we believe the journey is as important as the outcome. So for us, it's about building an exceptional team and culture and loving every part of what lays ahead.
The role is ideally based in our Sydney HQ and we provide flexibility in terms of working from home and the Sydney office. Our office is right next to a childcare facility and home to our family of mostly-thriving houseplants.
** We are open to a remote/hybrid working style and to providing sponsorship for the right candidate.
Equity and a strong market-based salary are on offer, within a supportive but empowered, fully agile environment, which we have worked hard to create.
Come and do work that really matters within a team who care as much about one another as the mission!
To all recruitment agencies: Inventia does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job adverts or Inventia employees. Inventia is not responsible for any recruitment fees related to unsolicited resumes