Are you Mechanical Engineer who loves to design cutting-edge devices? Are you excited to work on improving quality of life for cancer patients and survivors of burn injuries? If the answer is yes, then we would love to chat!
We are Inventia Life Science (www.inventia.life), based in Sydney, and we are radically changing the way the world treats disease and injury. We're a multidisciplinary team of engineers, scientists and tech enthusiasts, deeply inspired by the purpose of innovating for the better. Our revolutionary 3D cell biology technology enables pioneers in the fields of drug discovery and medicine to radically drive innovation from disease treatment (in areas such as cancer) through to the way we treat injuries. We are looking for experienced mechanical design engineers to come on board in a full time position, and help us with the end-to-end design and improvement of our RASTRUM bioprinting platform, as we move into this next scaling phase of our growth.
Practical experience in the design and construction of mechanical systems is being sought to compliment our already thriving and expert development teams in advancing our core technology. This will include mechanical design to support the development of sample loading systems for live tissue, precision nanoliter dispensing printheads, production ready test systems, and contributing to change management of hardware in our production units - bringing immediate impact to the science of our customers. This is a unique opportunity to experience developing a precision 3D bioprinting platform and the risk management strategies that will accelerate us towards our goal of improved quality of life for cancer patients and survivors of burn injuries. We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer who
To be considered for this role, we are looking for someone who:
- Has a tertiary degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Has at least 5+ years of experience in a Mechanical or Mechanical Design Engineering function within a product development driven environment - with at least 1+ of those years in a lead engineering capacity (team and project)
- Has demonstrable high competency levels in 3D CAD, especially working with assemblies, and has experience with introducing and championing Product Data Management (PDM) controls in SolidWorks, or a transferable alternative
- Is skilled in the design of mechanical systems for prototype development, additive manufacturing, Ingress Protection (IP) rating, and pilot manufacturing lines
- Has demonstrable team leadership experience in a research and development environment, with the inclusion of hardware release and change management responsibilities to Manufacturing. Ideally in cross-functional development teams working in the Agile methodology.
- Is excited to work hands-on, both in the lab and in product strategy workshops, and learn whatever is necessary to implement solutions that answer key questions about our platform requirements. CAD design, rapid prototyping, design for manufacture, and technical product strategy are all on the cards - we can leverage your skills in one or more of these areas while drawing on your teammates for the others. All engineers are encouraged to learn tissue culture and run biological experiments of their own to experience what our customers do!
- Is friendly, technically curious, and motivated by the opportunity to work directly with software, chemistry and biomaterials experts in a cross-disciplinary, customer centric environment - during an exciting product development period. We want candidates who are relationship builders and change enablers, within and outside of their discipline.
- Is eager to join us in our vibrant Sydney-based office (we are open to sponsoring visas for the right candidate).
A lot of people talk about unique and exceptional cultures, but less often are they actually genuinely created and nurtured. We place a high value on creating a workplace where our team can thrive, because we believe that more than any technology, an inspired and inspiring team is what will enable us all to succeed. Unlike many other startups, we live with a work-life balance. Amongst our diverse team, our passions are many, and we believe the journey is as important as the outcome. So for us, it's about building exceptional partners and culture and loving every part of the mystery and excitement of what lays ahead. We provide optionality in terms of working from home and our Sydney-based office, which is next to a childcare facility and home to our family of mostly-thriving houseplants. Equity and a strong market-based salary are on offer, within a supportive but empowered, fully agile environment, which we have worked hard to create. Come and do work that really matters within a team that cares as much about one another as the mission!
If the above sounds like what you’ve been searching for, let’s start a conversation. We also strongly encourage you to apply even if you are not sure you fit all of the criteria we’ve mentioned. Come as you are - we believe that diversity drives innovation.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org
To all recruitment agencies: Inventia does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job adverts or Inventia employees. Inventia is not responsible for any recruitment fees related to unsolicited resumes