ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re looking for a hands-on, strategic thought leader, to translate our company vision, mission and strategies, into a strong annual financial plan. The VP Finance & Accounting will grow and lead a small team of finance and accounting professionals, overseeing FP&A, monthly accounting, reporting and the audit process. They will drive the annual financial planning process and be the key driver executing the company’s financial strategy.
Reporting directly to the COO the VP of Finance and Accounting will direct the overall financial reporting, analysis, accounting and treasury, including cash management, banking and investor relationships, and financial projections. They will support the CEO on overall business planning and strategic initiatives and report to our bank and investors on fundraising and other related activities. This leader will help determine priorities, oversee the investment allocation, and participate in mergers and acquisitions.
Inventables is a remote-first company and we welcome talent located across the US.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Build and lead a top-notch finance and accounting team.
- Oversee all FP&A and Accounting activities.
- Oversee inventory management and planning.
- Oversee SaaS financial management and planning.
- Develop and refine processes and policies to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the financial function & infrastructure.
- Proactively work with the team leaders to develop annual business plans and operating budgets, coordinate the preparation and distribution of budget templates, analyze budgeting revenues and expenses, prepare and regularly distribute budget reports.
- Analyze operational and financial performance across our business, at macro and micro levels. Establish metrics that evaluate performance levels and identify potential business challenges.
- Own closing the books with GAAP compliance within the first week of the next month.
- Direct the overall financial plans and accounting practices. Oversee financial and accounting system controls and standards, and ensure accurate and timely financial and statistical reports for management and Board of Directors.
- Communicate company financial results to investors, outside auditors and Board of Directors.
- Oversee the annual accounting audit. Work with the external tax firm, oversee preparation of all tax filings, and provide appropriate supporting schedules as required. Work with external auditors to produce annual audited financial statements.
- Provide funding guidance and participate in fundraising activities.
- Manage the cap table and options program.
- Oversee cash flow.
Here’s what you need:
- Previous Director level or above experience managing a finance/accounting team
- Experience implementing software for finance and accounting
- Experience leading an audit
- Professional experience working in both FP&A and Accounting
- Experience managing physical inventory
- Experience working in a SaaS business
- Strong data skills, including the ability to use data to analyze and monitor company health
- Comfortable working in a hands on position with a small team
- Experience working in a growth stage company or startup environment
- Experience with complex modeling, scenario modeling
YOU’LL GET THESE BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- BCBS health, vision & dental Insurance
- Flexible accrued vacation (“Take what you need” vacation policy)
- 401(k) program with 4% company match
- Options program
- Annual work remote budget
- Annual “exploration budget” to feed your curiosity
- Annual “creative project budget” to help you stay creative
- Paid parental leave program
- Internet expense reimbursement
- A complementary Inventables X-Carve or X-Carve Pro machine
We value the things that make us different and believe a diverse company drives innovation. Inventables provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants, and prohibits discrimination of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.