Invaio Sciences, a Flagship Pioneering company, is a multi-platform technology company that unlocks the potential of the planet’s interdependent systems to address pressing agricultural, nutritional, and environmental challenges. Founded by Flagship Pioneering in 2018, Invaio leverages discoveries from diverse fields including human therapeutics, agriculture, environmental science, and advanced manufacturing. The company’s deep understanding of the physiology of insects, plants, and trees, together with its novel integrated solutions approach, promises to refine agricultural practices and reduce the need for pesticides globally.
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps. We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking. We know that every one of us matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together in a diverse community. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.
No matter who you are, Invaio is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, and community to help guide us as we build a better Invaio. Every voice, every perspective matters.
Invaio Sciences, Inc., was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering, an early-stage life sciences innovation company. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of around 100 science-based companies, resulting in more than $30 billion in aggregate value, thousands of patents, and a pipeline of more than 50 clinical development programs.
Invaio is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, USA, with offices in Research Triangle Park, NC, USA; Basel, Switzerland; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
We’re seeking a dynamic, experienced Data Sciences and Analytics manager focused on innovating and delivering high quality, differentiated data solutions across Invaio while also building an A-plus team of analysts and data scientists.
Your focus is to provide data solutions and analytics to internal and external clients working across all functional and focus areas of Invaio (Commercial, Development, Research and Digital). You will work directly as a partner to Software Development and Product to ensure all solutions meet customer requirements and promote Invaio growth and scale.You will need strategic thinking, execution, and superb partner management in addition to expertise in data science (statistics / ML), visualization, and digital data solutions.
The ideal candidate will not only be comfortable working in a blank slate environment but thrive in it. We expect the scope of the role to grow with the company, so we’re seeking candidates who are excited to learn new skills and adapt to changing goals. If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage field trial, commercial, and research data flow and build analytics pipelines and visualizations to solve company challenges in a timely manner
- Guide the team in implementing statistics and data science methodologies to solve Inviao's data challenges
- Support infrastructure for multiple independent, cross-functional, and business critical processes
- Collaborate with senior leadership to establish and execute a data strategy in order to achieve company objectives
- Make decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensure operations are able to effectively deliver achievement of objectives.
- Recognize strong performance and constructively address those needing improvement. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
- MA or PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or other quantitative area.
- 3-5+ years’ experience in data sciences requirement gathering, product delivery and people management
- Strong mathematics and data analytics background with a demonstrated ability to translate business needs into creative and engaging output.
- Strong project management, organizational, and communication skills. Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with tools for data analysis, statistical computation, and visualization (such as Python, R); programming and pipeline development skills to integrate large, complex datasets from distinctive structured and unstructured sources
- Experience with complex, multi-source, multi-year, and multi-location biological datasets typical of agricultural systems
- Experience working with molecular and genetic data
- Experience using Python, or R and some Python. Fluency in Python is a plus.
- Experience using Looker or Tableau or other third-party visualization software to build relevant reporting
- Advanced SQL proficiency (any dialect)
Experience & Credentials:
- Responsibly and thoughtfully execution-focused
- Ability to create and communicate findings from data-focused analyses with a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members and management.
- Proficiency with software development methodologies such as Agile and experience working with Scrum teams
- Aptitude for understanding, digesting and analyzing complex systems integration.
- Must be flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks.
- Self-motivated and curious with strong desire to both learn from and teach others
Inquiries & Considerations:
Invaio is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a proactive program of diversity development. Invaio will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels without regard to race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or veteran status.