Invaio Sciences, Inc.
Invaio Sciences, Inc. is a startup harnessing ingenuities found in nature, evolving our relationship with insects and taking a more mindful approach to agriculture in order to find solutions for pressing problems in food, its production, our health and the environment.
Using bleeding edge science and advanced technologies, Invaio is releasing the true power of nature. We are guided by six principles:
- Rooted in nature: Everything we enhance, create, or change we’ve learned from nature.
- Be optimistic: There are infinite possibilities in nature. Do not be bound by previous limitations and thinking of the past.
- Embrace risk: As unrelenting innovators we embrace risks that will solve the world’s biggest problems.
- Students of nature: Stay curious because nature always has something to teach us.
- Beyond the horizon: Look beyond what we do today from the view of tomorrow to understand true impacts. Do what's right; not just efficient.
- All things connected: Living outside category silos allows us to reveal the connections that others cannot see.
Invaio Sciences, Inc., was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering, an early-stage life sciences innovation company. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of around 100 science-based companies, resulting in more than $30 billion in aggregate value, thousands of patents, and a pipeline of more than 50 clinical development programs.
Invaio is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, USA, with offices in Research Triangle Park, NC, USA; Basel, Switzerland; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
We’re seeking an experienced business intelligence engineer to own all aspects of our third party visualization backend. The BI Engineer will collaborate with developers and analysts to build and scale an enterprise reporting platform that drives analytics throughout the company. Employing a range of technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills, the BI Engineer will translate requests for information into reporting requirements and business definitions, learn how the datasets relate to each other, and develop tools that enable stakeholders to explore, visualize, and find insights in the data. They will also be empowered to coordinate projects spanning multiple teams, influence platform design and governance, and support the development of business intelligence analysts.
- Gather data and visualization requirements working across commercial, digital and marketing teams.
- Contributes thoughtfully to BI platform design, documentation, and best practices via Looker, Confluence and Github.
- Scale third party data integrations and support IoT tracking
- Enable specific external visualizations and build required back-end to Looker from new 3rd party data.
- Manage and integrate solutions for data and analytics partnerships.
- Writes and implements code that is clear, concise, tested, and easily understood by others
- Performs code reviews following internal standards and best practices
- BA or MA degree in a related field and/or 3+ years of experience in data modeling, data engineering, or BI analytics.
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience including experience owning requirements, building back end data stores and implementation of internal visualization tools
- Experience with Looker, building out LookML, deriving advanced analytics and integration of third party packages
- Experience investigating applications or datasets to understand underlying data structures or working with data models, for example, interpreting or designing Entity-Relationship Diagrams (ERDs)
- Experience using D3.js, Tableau, or other third-party visualization software (Spotfire, Google Studio) to build reports and dashboards.
- Experience using Python, or R and some Python. Fluency in Python is a plus.
- Experience with agile software development teams or methods
- Ability to create and communicate findings from data-focused analyses with a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Understands and manipulates data in order to create useful visualizations with actionable insights
- Ability to work cross-functionally with functional teams to ensure proper data collection for robust reporting
- Negotiates timelines and builds consensus among groups with competing priorities
- Passion for concise and thorough documentation
- Self-motivated and curious with strong desire to both learn from and teach others