Intrinsic is a robotics software and AI company at Alphabet. Our mission is to make industrial robotics accessible and usable for millions more businesses, entrepreneurs, and developers. We are a multidisciplinary team of engineers, roboticists, designers, and technologists who are passionate about unlocking the creative and economic potential of industrial robotics.
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM) for Functional Safety on our robotics team, you will have the opportunity to work with some amazing and talented people, who also happen to be working on highly creative and ambitious efforts. You’ll develop and oversee the processes and tools that are used for the development of new safety software. You will coordinate our development teams to develop software that ensures humans are safe around robots while making these robots more approachable and adaptable. You will work closely with Software Engineers, Roboticists, Machine-Learning experts, Product Managers, other TPMs, external Partners and leadership.
Areas we expect you to make an impact
- Work with leaders, teammates, and product managers to shape the functional safety strategy and roadmap of the project and drive it’s implementation.
- Define, implement and continuously refine functional safety management and functional safety development processes.
- Evaluate and select development tools for functional safety in collaboration with the engineering teams and build up an integrated, future-proof safety development toolchain. Drive continuous improvement of the toolchain.
- Work with external partners to source functional safety components and expertise.
- Coordinate across product teams to deliver functional safety components on time and quality.
- Support product teams with managing active work items and backlogs, deconflicting necessary work, and resource tracking.
- Support business development and product managers with scoping technical work, roadmaps, and timelines for external partners.
What you should have
- BA/BS degree in Engineering or Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong track-record of effective technical project management skills: software stack and/or HW/SW systems engineering, project planning, status reporting, timeline estimation, issue tracking, meeting facilitation, process documentation, priority alignment, and well-developed communication skills.
- Expertise in the development of safety-critical software, ideally according to IEC 61508, ISO 13849, DO-178B or similar standards.
What we hope you have
- Experience with robotics, industrial automation or manufacturing.
- Prior experience with establishing safety capability and setting up development processes for software in functional safety, ideally according to IEC 61508, ISO 13849, or related standards.
- Technical expertise in development tools and development methods for safety-critical software.
- Comfortable working on early-stage projects in an environment with ambiguity and change.
- Experience in the development of embedded and real-time systems for motion control.
- Ability to set and drive the technical strategy while also having the capability to provide detailed technical guidance to the team, enabling them to execute more effectively and deliver products on time and within budget. A sense of urgency in driving execution.
At Intrinsic, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.