Intrinsic is a robotics software and AI company at Alphabet. Our mission is to make industrial robotics accessible and usable for millions more businesses, entrepreneurs, and developers. We are a multidisciplinary team of engineers, roboticists, designers, and technologists who are passionate about unlocking the creative and economic potential of industrial robotics.
As a software engineer trained in site reliability, you possess strong coding skills to supercharge our engineering productivity. We are a fast paced bet with a large base of on-prem hardware and software moving real hardware in real time, with a solid presence in the public cloud. Building and testing our systems for this heterogeneous, non-Google3 system will be an exciting challenge. You will have the opportunity to partner with passionate engineers and researchers to make robots significantly more capable than they are today, and make them more dependable in relieving people from dirty, dull, or dangerous tasks.
Areas we expect you to make an impact:
- You will build the tools and infrastructure for a "shift left" - catching defects before they disable robots.
- You will develop and evangelize best practices for building, packaging and deploying the next generation of robotics systems.
What skills you should have:
- MS degree in Computer Science, Robotics, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and/or Google internal infrastructure
Skills we hope you have:
- Experience with Bazel, gRPC, Protobuf, and/or Google's internal infrastructure.
- Experience running Google or external production infrastructure.
- Experience understanding and debugging large, complex software systems.
At Intrinsic, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.