Intrinsic is a robotics software and AI company at Alphabet. Our mission is to make industrial robotics accessible and usable for millions more businesses, entrepreneurs, and developers. We are a multidisciplinary team of engineers, roboticists, designers, and technologists who are passionate about unlocking the creative and economic potential of industrial robotics.
As a software engineer, you will work closely with other software engineers, roboticists, designers and control engineers to develop novel approaches that make it easier and cheaper to apply robots in industrial manufacturing. You will work with new technologies as you find creative solutions to new challenging problems around hardware and software.
Areas we expect you to make an impact:
- Design and implement technology that will fuel future robot application developers.
- Design and implement robot behaviors.
- Push the state of the art in task planning and failure recovery by working closely with internal and external researchers.
- Develop proof-of-concept robot applications.
- Write example applications and programming guides that inspire the next generation of roboticists.
- Support our infrastructure by writing and maintaining automated tests, and making these frameworks available to external developers.
What skills you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Robotics or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with the design and implementation of large, complex software systems.
- Experience programming in C++ or Python.
Skills we hope you have:
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, or a similar field.
- Several years of experience in one of the specialities in robotics or machine learning.
At Intrinsic, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.