Intrinsic is a robotics software and AI company at Alphabet. Our mission is to make industrial robotics accessible and usable for millions more businesses, entrepreneurs, and developers. We are a multidisciplinary team of engineers, roboticists, designers, and technologists who are passionate about unlocking the creative and economic potential of industrial robotics.
We are looking to expand our growing legal team by bringing on a Product Counsel, reporting to the General Counsel. As Product Counsel for our company, you will have responsibility for helping to grow and launch our products and services, working alongside world-class innovators to identify and solve legal issues related to the project’s product development and business goals. Your contributions will be a key part of helping Intrinsic grow and scale. Because we are a small legal team, you will have the unique opportunity to expand beyond product counseling to advise on a variety of legal issues, including intellectual property and other related matters, to execute our legal strategy to support an exciting new business.
In this role you will work on many exciting legal issues that relate to disruptive technology, deliver proactive legal guidance, and foster client awareness of legal issues via counseling and strategic education.
Areas we expect you to make an impact
- Advise on and manage all legal aspects of product development and launches to comply with company policies and risk tolerance
- Respond promptly to legal requests from Project Leadership, Tech Leads, Product Managers, Business Development and other clients, communicating legal concepts understandably
- Advise business clients as well as cross-functional colleagues on legal issues and risks, approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP and business strategy
- Support the continuous improvement of product development, go-to-market and legal processes
- Ensure compliance with U.S. and international laws and regulations, including product safety and security
What you should have
- JD degree with a strong academic record
- 5 years of relevant legal experience, including product counseling experience
- Must be admitted to the CA bar and be in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g., have registered in-house status) in California.
What we hope you have
- Solid understanding of AI/ML, software technologies and open source
- Demonstrated experience advising senior business executives
- Demonstrated experience with a commercial software product and IP
At Intrinsic, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.