Intrinsic is a robotics software and AI company at Alphabet. Our mission is to make industrial robotics accessible and usable for millions more businesses, entrepreneurs, and developers. We are a multidisciplinary team of engineers, roboticists, designers, and technologists who are passionate about unlocking the creative and economic potential of industrial robotics.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to help Intrinsic craft and design the foundations of its executive, external and internal communications strategies. Partnering with marketing and the leadership team, this role will require you to successfully navigate within Alphabet’s ecosystem to support the storytelling objectives of Intrinsic.
As a world-class writer and media relations professional, you feel at home navigating ambiguity, while demonstrating a profound bias for action. You have a passion for telling new stories in new ways, while demonstrating empathy and consideration. You can switch between deeply strategic and highly tactical workstreams without missing a beat.
Areas we expect you to make an impact
- Lead our external communications strategy, including media relations, an editorial strategy and press engagements.
- Tell powerful and strategic narratives by working with many different industry partners including roboticists, technology influencers, industry luminaries, policy experts, and journalists.
- Coordinate multi-partner press campaigns, including everything from initial briefings to crafting partner guidelines and coordinating international launches.
- Develop a speaker engagement strategy for our executive and product teams that help us accomplish critical business objectives.
- Lead our internal communications strategy, working closely with functional leads to land important news and galvanize our team culture.
- Become our ‘go to’ policy mentor, advising and educating the team on important macro trends and conversations across the robotics, manufacturing and automation industries.
What skills you should have
- 7 years proven experience in communications and media relations
- Media relations skills and experience, with a history of developing and building media relationships
- Senior copywriting experience, and the ability to bring a company’s unique verbal identity to life
- An optimistic and resilient spirit with a start-up mentality who enjoys being an individual contributor
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and thrive in a fast paced and ambiguous environment
Skills we hope you have
- A bachelor's or master’s degree in communications
- Startup experience with robotics, automation, platforms or industrial hardware companies
- Experience working with industrial robotics organizations,think tanks, public interest groups, or relevant industry associations
- Knowledge of current and emerging public policy trends in robotics, AI, the future of work, and automation
- Experience running communication strategies for enterprise partnerships
At Intrinsic, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.