Intrinsic is a robotics software and AI company at Alphabet. Our mission is to make industrial robotics accessible and usable for millions more businesses, entrepreneurs, and developers. We are a multidisciplinary team of engineers, roboticists, designers, and technologists who are passionate about unlocking the creative and economic potential of industrial robotics.
Intrinsic is looking for an Automation and Controls Engineer to join our Applications and Automation team. The ideal candidate has a passion for all robotic things, demonstrated knowledge of industry best practices using robots with industrial partners, and the ability to deliver results as part of a dynamic, cross-functional team.
Areas we expect you to make an impact:
- Concept new robotic automation applications and scope the effort and cost to build
- Take ownership of designing and implementing rapid innovative R&D robotic automation workcells (from selecting hardware, electrical design to Robot, PLC and HMI programming).
- Incorporate knowledge of industrial control systems to establish a standard for hardware selection and PLC software.
- Source and integrate best in-class technology products into automation workcells.
- Multiply capabilities by continuously and actively weighing decisions to build something in-house or working with a system integrator to build a solution.
- Work closely with product managers, software developers, and researchers to maintain, improve, and invent our robotic platform from the ground up.
What skills you should have:
- 4-year degree in a mechatronic-related engineering field
- Willingness to work in ambiguity, select a direction and drive towards a solution
- 5-years of work experience in robotics and machine vision for the manufacturing and automation industry
- Demonstrable experience with robot programming (Fanuc, KUKA, UR, ABB), PLC Programming (Rockwell, Siemens, Beckhoff), Machine Vision (Cognex, HALCON), and HMI Development
- Professional work experience with Python and/or C++
Skills we hope you have:
- Exposure to numerous industries that use robotic automation (i.e., electronics, automotive, aerospace, medical)
- Experience selecting components and designing electrical and pneumatic schematics for automation equipment and ability to assemble designed electrical panels
- Experience working with and managing vendors (from writing RFP or a SOW to managing their execution and taking part in system acceptance tests)
- Designed and implemented safety circuitry and safety logic for use in industrial automation
- Professionally used offline programming software (i.e., RoboGUIDE, RobotStudio, Process Simulate)
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
At Intrinsic, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.