As a Strategist at In The Pocket, you are responsible for looking beyond short-term goals to define a long-term horizon for our clients. You translate this vision into actionable recommendations that can deliver long-term success.
Define a product-strategic roadmap for our clients
- You distill a client’s general intentions and ambitions from an intake meeting by listening to their needs and asking the right questions
- You prepare, organise and facilitate product-strategic workshops to uncover the fundamental business and user needs
- You summarize learnings into actionable recommendations containing the goals to be attained
Look beyond the product and see the bigger picture
- You are able to identify and map out the entire ecosystem around a product, including the supporting actors
- You clearly define the role of each actor or component in the ecosystem, resulting in a unified experience towards end users
- You understand that launching successful products is not only about excellent product design or technical execution, but also how the service is designed as an orchestrated whole
Help our clients stay a step ahead
- You pro-actively keep your eyes open for interesting evolutions that can help our clients to stay a step ahead
- You compile these insights into hands-on workshops and presentations that can uncover new opportunities for our clients
- You support the product manager in measuring the product's success and defining the strategic themes to keep attaining the objectives
Keeping the client and the team inspired
- You actively explain the ‘reason why’ behind a project to the entire team, both internal and external, so they clearly see the bigger picture
- You share strategic insights with relevant people, both internal and external, to help them stay on top of emerging trends
- You spark enthusiasm with clients, co-workers and prospects, to seize the digital day.
- You have a first working experience (or relevant experience through education) in digital strategy, product management or digital marketing/communication
- You have a solid understanding of service design, design thinking and other relevant strategic frameworks
- You can express yourself, your ideas and your work fluently in Dutch and English
- You are comfortable and confident in a client-facing role. You know how to communicate ideas and opinions to ensure a successful outcome
- You don't shy away from facilitating workshops, ranging from inspirational ideation exercise to careful roadmap planning
- You have the ability to prioritise. You can handle several projects and many different tasks in an organised way
- Knowledge of or experience with user research and validation or analytics are considered a plus
- You love Sharpie pens
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. We share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work