Engineering Lead (Bucharest, Romania)
In The Pocket is a renowned and fast-growing Digital Product Studio, expanding its activities to Romania. To make that happen, we’re looking for an Engineering Lead to kickstart our growth in Bucharest. As one of our first boots on the ground in Romania, you’ll play a key role in setting up our proven digital product studio model, attracting the right local talent and building and guiding a team of software engineers towards digital excellence. In essence: you’ll be the beating heart of our Bucharest studio, closely backed up by an entire workforce of 200+ talented people with a passion for anything digital.
What a typical day for you will look like:
- Create & grow a local team in close collaboration with In The Pocket’s recruiting team. Always keeping high standards in the evaluation process.
- Guide people’s career paths by helping them identify and uncover opportunities for personal growth.
- Give your team the right mentorship and coaching to excel in their roles, working back-to-back with our Tribe Engineering Lead.
- Maintain and evolve your engineering team in terms of skills, seniority and diversity.
- Build and evolve teams to match people with projects and determine the best for the challenge at hand
- Create a stimulating environment for people to share knowledge and develop expertise, in close collaboration with our communities of practice.
This job fits you perfectly if:
- You want to unleash your intrapreneurial side and you’re up for a challenge
- You have solid experience in recruiting, leading and managing a team of software engineers - including setting goals, providing mentorship and managing performance and budgets.
- You keep a tight connection with the In The Pocket Headquarters in Belgium while installing the In The Pocket culture and way of working at your local studio.
- You detect and manage the office needs of your local digital product studio.
- You develop and implement our engineering strategy in alignment with the objectives of the Tribe Leads, CTO and the overall organisation.
- You oversee reliability, performance, security and scalability to ensure our In The Pocket quality is delivered by all teams.
- You stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and best practices in software development and engineering management and incorporate these into our processes.
Sounds like the perfect next step in your career? Apply today and our Talent Team will get back to you very soon.