In The Pocket is on the hunt for a marvellous finance officer to step aboard our finance team. As a finance officer, an analytic mindset and a flair for data are just part of your nature. Together with a small but nimble team, you will be determinative to the financial health of the company by managing accounting operations and leading effective decision making through financial analysis. Operating in an exciting digital environment full of intriguing - yet friendly - colleagues, you’ll point In The Pocket towards higher atmospheres.
Accountancy & Tax
- Keep accurate records of all our financial transactions, using reporting and analytics to identify variances and exceptions (gl level & analytical level).
- Safeguard all our accountancy & tax compliance requirements (eg. VAT, CTX, annual accounts,...)
- Cooperate closely with our external auditor during the yearly audit cycle.
- Collaborate on budgeting and forecasting.
- Identify improvement opportunities & execute optimizations on our internal controlling processes.
- Lead the monthly billing cycle and monitor the company’s cash balance by following up on accounts receivables and preparing forecasts.
Reporting & Data Insights
- Prepare insightful monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for a range of internal and external stakeholders (leadership, management, board, shareholders,...).
- Partner with other teams & key internal stakeholders by providing them with financial information and analysis to support decision making.
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommended actions for optimization.
- Continuously improve our financial delivery models by leveraging technology to optimize efficiencies.
- Minimum bachelor degree in accountancy & tax
- Minimum 3 years experience in accounting & finance
- Hands on experience with accounting & invoicing software
- Experience with Teamleader, Exact Online, Silverfin & Google Data Studio is a plus.
- You work in a structured way and have excellent organisational skills
- You are able to handle time-sensitive tasks
- You’re fluent in Dutch & English
- You’re an analytical thinker that loves to transfer raw data into insights
- You’re tech savvy using appropriate tools and technologies to generate reports and evaluate data
In The Pocket is organized in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level, we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. We share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.