As a Product Designer (Visual) you are responsible for making our designs come to life through color, typography, imagery and motion. Your ultimate goal is to boost usability and effectiveness through designs that look and work just excellent.
In order to successfully do so, you have a passionate focus on building simple, usable and delightful experiences. You never take your eyes off the end user, because you know they are the ones who finally define the success of your work.
- You create visual designs that boost usability and effectiveness while adding beauty and delight
- You ensure a best-in-class approach by working within our product design process, standard design best-practices and platform-specific design principles
- You present your work to the team and the client in well-crafted deliverables such as mockups, interactive prototypes and style guides
- You take initiative to collect feedback on your work from other team members (both designers and engineers)
- You accept and resolve feedback (from team & client) in a professional and positive way
- You work with and alongside engineers to make sure your designs get translated into the actual product
- You provide thoughtful feedback on work of team members
- You participate in growing our design competence by keeping your eyes open for important evolutions in our sector and sharing ideas
- We expect you to have a minimum of 5 years experience in Digital Product Design or Visual Design.
- You hold a solid understanding of user-centered design, usability principles and best-practices in mobile user experience.
- You can express yourself, your ideas and your work fluently in Dutch and English.
- You are proficient in working with common design tools (Sketch, Photoshop ...) and prototyping tools (Marvel, Framer, Principle ...).
- You know how to communicate your ideas, opinions and design decisions to ensure a successful outcome.
- You are able to prioritise. You can handle several projects and many different tasks in an organised way.
- You have a fresh and innovative look on the future of digital design.
- Knowledge of or experience with Agile development processes are considered a plus.
- Interest in or experience with Interaction Design, Design Thinking or Service Design are a plus
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values:
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. Weshare our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire ourcolleagues to do their best work.