"Data is the new oil" is a claim that is often made, pointing to the strategic importance data can have in enabling business success. However, the comparison is also true in another aspect: raw data, like raw oil, is quite useless. Just like raw oil, it needs to be refined, processed and distributed in a way that it supports important use cases before it can actually be of value. Designing, implementing and improving such pipelines, is what data engineering is all about.
- In close collaboration with our clients, architects and product managers, It is your task to translate the client's business requirements into a data architecture.
- You're able to understand the business context of our clients and suggest approaches to improve their data strategy.
- As part of a multidisciplinary team, you design, implement and deploy data pipelines and data warehouses, closely collaborating with our architects, engineers, product managers, AI engineers and QA engineers.
- You'll support our AI engineers in deploying their models in production.
- You actively participate in knowledge sharing both towards peers (lessons learned, new advances, process improvements,..) as well as other people in our organisation (e.g. sales, marketing, product, strategy...). And it doesn't have to stop there: we happily support any initiatives to share our findings with the world, through blogs, talks, podcasts or guest lectures.
- You clearly communicate and set expectations. What realistic results can be expected? What are the greatest risks/unknowns? Always be open and honest, and don't be afraid to ask for help.
- You hold a bachelor/master degree in Computer Science (or related), or have prior experience in a similar role
- You have an excellent knowledge of Python, experience with other programming languages is a plus.
- You have experience with multiple database, data warehousing, data pipeline and event processing technologies, and you keep up with the state-of-the-art
- You highly value solid engineering principles such as clean code, rapid prototyping, continuous improvement and continuous delivery.
- You at least have a high-level understanding of data science, allowing you to closely collaborate with our AI engineers
- You have an affinity with product design and engineering top-notch digital products.
- Experience with the Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Azure is required.
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. Weshare our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle,it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.