What’s the first thing you think about when you read the word ‘Python’? A snake? If so, you can skip this vacancy. If you have a technical background and experience in crafting AI opportunities for businesses and products, you’re the one we’re looking for: In The Pocket is hiring an Senior AI Engineer! A human Swiss army knife, who can navigate between traditional software development and machine learning implementations.
You will be a part of an autonomous, cross-functional team that specialises in designing and creating AI solutions. You take charge of delivery of the digital products (mostly from an engineering & technical point of view) entrusted to your team and in collaboration with other ITP teams. Together with the team, you build, test, and deploy AI models, as well as maintain the underlying AI infrastructure. You work in close collaboration with our business development team on promising opportunities and inspiring prospects & clients.
Delivery & Execution
- You are accountable for the delivery of AI solutions for our clients
- You coach ML engineers and software developers towards delivering in production environments
- Help the team ship, for example by giving architectural & technical guidance, removing impediments, getting timely decisions, managing risks
- You have experience in AI domains such as machine learning, deep learning, computer vision and NLP
- You’re able to explain these domains to non-technical people, link them to business cases and set realistic expectations for a potential solution. You’re a trusted partner for our business development team. You inspire clients, you spot AI opportunities and show thought leadership in AI
- You’re able to guide architectural & technical discussions in your team and you ensure the bigger picture is never lost during a technical deep dive
- You’re able to guide from business opportunity to delivering to production
- Thought Leadership
- Inspire prospects and clients, spot AI opportunities and convince clients with vision & ideas
- Follow up team members, motivate them, protect them and if necessary, address them
- Nurture and develop our AI capabilities, in guiding sales, clients and employees
- Partner with our Sales & Marketing department to build our client base and claim thought leadership for AI in digital products
- You have a technical background. We want you to demonstrate not only affinity with and real passion for artificial intelligence, but also experience in bringing AI solutions to production and use. As an engineer you value the principles of continuous improvement and continuous delivery, and you know how to apply them in the context of an AI solution
- You have a good understanding of common concepts in machine learning and deep learning and you are aware of the challenges associated with deploying AI solutions to production through prior experience
- Your communication skills are excellent. This means talking, writing and listening (not necessarily in that order)
- You are passionate about all things digital, including strategy, and you know how to advise prospects and clients on leveraging AI opportunities for their business. You have a way of explaining highly technical stuff to non-technical people
- You are organised and composed, also when working under pressure
- You think in terms of solutions, not in terms of problems
- Agility has very few secrets for you
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. We share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.