We're looking for a Project Manager to join our Strategy team. In this team, we engage with clients in strategic projects, providing them with actionable recommendations for new or improved value propositions, business models, digital platforms, products or services.
As a Strategic Project Manager, you make sure the project team (typically consisting of Strategists/Architects/Designers) is worked towards the right goals, and that the client is always in the loop and confident we are on the right track.
Set clear expectations and goals
Building on pre-sales conversations, you understand why we take on an assignment and what is expected. You keep both the team and the client aligned on the mission, even under changing circumstances.
- From the get-go you capture what the constraints are that the team has to stay within (time, scope, budget).
- You shape the collaboration with the client, what touch points are there, who to communicate with, how often etc...
Own project governance & planning
- Together with the team, you create the project plan to reach the desired outcomes.
- Throughout the project you follow up on the plan:
- You visualize the team's progress towards the desired outcome. You make this transparent to the team and to the client
- You ensure predictability by forecasting where the team will land in terms of timing, scope and budget.
- You identify, escalate and mitigate risks that might hinder our progress, again in all transparency.
Keep the conversation on track and moving towards the goal
- You make sure the team's efforts bring us closer to the set goals. This means being a proxy for the client and a champion of quality. Sometimes it means saying no to things that don't bring us closer to these goals.
- These projects are highly strategic, business-critical, high-paced and stakeholder-dense:
- You go into boardrooms to have C-level discussions without breaking a sweat. Rather, this energizes you.
- You understand digital products and software at a strategic level. Being able to hold a strategic conversation gives you the necessary authority to manage all stakeholders.
- You have a minimum experience of 5 years in a digital project/account management role.
- You are passionate about technology and all things digital, including strategy. Affinity with agile software development, design thinking and/or enterprise architecture is a definite plus.
- Your communication skills are excellent. This means listening, talking, writing and presenting.
- You see stakeholder dynamics as an energising challenge.
- You are organised and composed, even when working under pressure.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. We share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work