We're looking for a strategic product designer to join our strategy team, to create ambitious visions for digital products, platforms or services.
In this team, you will mostly be working with a cross-functional team (of digital strategists / service designers and enterprise architects) in fast-paced consultancy tracks. Secondly, you also spread the strategic mindset among the designers in our dedicated product teams.
Provide best-in-class product design
- You demonstrate a solid skill in solving problems through thoughtful and elegant UX.
- You can translate visions for digital products/platforms/services in compelling UI.
- You present your work to the client in well-crafted deliverables such as wireframes, clickable prototypes or concept presentations.
- Your analytic mindset and critical thinking lead to user-centered solutions.
See the bigger picture
- However, you understand that great UX is the result of far more than just great interaction or visual design.
- You start from the Why (i.e. business objectives and user needs), and critically reflect on the best path towards success.
- You can present concepts in a compelling strategic narrative (vs. as a loose collection of features).
- You have affinity with user research, service design, business design, platform-thinking.
- Given that you will be working with leading companies on key strategic challenges, you demonstrate a high degree of ownership and responsibility.
- You are a strong communicator.
- You do not shy away from uncertainty, but can design a process or workshop to provide that clarity.
- You can self-manage and coordinate collaboration with the project team (consisting of a strategist and architect).
Coach other designers
- Whereas your main activities will be to work on timed strategic consultancy assignments, you will also contribute to our Product Design practice.
- Given your seniority, you also have an evangelising role among your (10+) design colleagues.
- This means coaching our product designers (who mostly work in our software delivery teams), and mentor them to become more strategic thinkers.
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in Digital Product Design or UX/UI Design.
- You have a solid understanding of user-centered design, usability principles and best-practices in mobile and web.
- You can express yourself, your ideas and your work fluently in Dutch and English.
- You are proficient in working with common design tools (Sketch, Figma ...) and prototyping tools (Marvel, Framer, Principle ...).
- Experience in a consultancy role is a strong plus.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values:
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. Weshare our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire ourcolleagues to do their best work.