In The Pocket is looking for an experienced, smart and passionate Business Developer to join our team. As a Business Developer you’ll be instrumental in exploring opportunities with new top tier clients. We embrace “consultative selling”: we inspire, guide and tackle problems for our prospective clients. Together with the team you’ll grow our business in existing and new markets.
It’s vital that you’re driven to deliver strategic advice, build amazing digital products and help return the investment for your clients. You understand the current business challenges companies have and are able to navigate complex technical organizations. You have the energy and work towards open-up new possibilities, meet a lot of people and get them excited about In The Pocket and the opportunity to build something truly incredible with us. The role offers a high degree of autonomy and requires an entrepreneurial spirit to make it happen.
- Deliver creative, enticing and tailored offers in collaboration with the team
- Experience selling application development / software services
- Understand how the digital market is evolving, both locally and internationally
- Work closely with the sales & marketing team to build a story that sticks
- Provide a strategic perspective to both client and internal teams, delivering critical business insights and launching initiatives that impact the market.
- Craft compelling value propositions for new clients that drive business for both the client and In The Pocket
- Manage a close partnership with cross-functional teams to identify and creatively solve commercial and operational challenges
- Experience with contractual terms and conditions, contract reviews, contract negotiations and contract/risk management
- You have at least 7 years experience in a similar role
- Experience in negotiating complex deals
- You have excellent communication & negotiation skills
- A positive attitude & plenty of initiative
- You're fluent in Dutch and English (oral and written)
- Public speaking skills
- You're able to prioritize and handle different tasks
- Self-motivation work both individually and as a great teammate
- Energy, focus and the will to achieve
- The highest professional standards
- You’re an assertive closer, you seal the deal
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. Weshare our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle,it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.