As a Full Stack Developer, you will help shaping the various components that are necessary to build modern software solutions. Do you have a broad interest in all aspects of software development and are eager on learning new technologies? Then you might be the perfect person for this job.
You understand the challenges of building distributed applications, as well as how web services and databases are working under the hood.
- Prototype and develop scalable and reliable software solutions
- Enforce quality through test-driven development
- Ensure maintainability by documenting code and solution
- Act as a mentor for colleagues and help sharing knowledge
- Translate business requirements in a robust, performant and secure technical solution
- Bachelor in Informatics or Master in Computer Science (or related).
- Substantial knowledge of both back-end (Node.js, MongoDB, SQL, AMQP) and front-end (ES6, HTML5, CSS3) development.
- Knowledge of PHP and Laravel is a plus.
- You understand common software engineering practices (git, unit testing, code documentation, continuous integration, dependency management, monitoring, version management,.. ).
- An instinct for software architecture and micro-services. Knowledge of Docker is a plus.
- You have a solid comprehension of web technologies (HTTP, HTTP/2, WS,..) and API development (JSON, OAuth, JWT, ..).
- Good understanding of database design concepts.
- You love to experiment and explore new technologies/frameworks.
- Ability to handle the pressure and flexibility of a young company.
- You're fluent in English.
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. Weshare our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle,it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.