Are you great at transforming product requirements into immersive progressive web apps? Do you want to share your knowledge and build top-notch solutions with our expert developers? Read on, because we might just have a spot for you at our table.
As a Web Developer, you’ll be working on some of the most challenging interfaces as part of a team that loves to create beautiful digital products that make people happy and businesses grow. Do you have an excellent knowledge of front-end technologies (ES6, react.js, redux, ...) and are you up for a challenge? Do you love working in a multidisciplinary team, using the newest technologies and with a big focus on quality? Then don’t hesitate & apply now
- As a part of the team, you’ll be taking part in the continuous development of the products that are in the care of your team.
- Day to day, this means developing new user stories, fixing bugs, create & review pull requests, documenting your work (code comments, readme, confluence,..), perform research, make suggestions for product improvements and communicate clearly about your progress.
- Together with your colleagues, you’ll be making sure the product meets all functional and non-functional requirements.
- As an engineer, you understand that producing clean, readable and testable code is always a priority.
- You hold a master or bachelor degree in Computer Science/Informatics (or equal through a proven track record).
- You have a solid grasp of common software engineering practices, like OO principles, modern design patterns, test-driven development, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- You're a big fan of clean code and clean architecture, and you apply those principles to produce clean, readable and testable code.
- You’re always keen to learn new things, share your knowledge, adopt to change and learn from past experiences.
- You’re able to work in a team and are always open for feedback from your teammates.
- You understand the importance of application security and data security, and know how that affects your job.
- You have an excellent knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 (sass/less), webpack.
- Good knowledge of common technologies as HTTP, REST, JSON, XML, OAuth, SQL.
- You're well-aware of common web application vulnerabilities (Injection, XSS, CSRF,..)
- Knowledge of, or interest in, React Native is a huge plus.
- Knowledge of node.js, PHP, Docker or relevant templating languages (blade, twig,..) is a plus.
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. Weshare our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle,it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.