Developing digital products is one thing; knowing how they'll impact and support a business is another. That's why we rely on enterprise architects, our colleagues who combine technical skills with strategic knowledge.
The goal of this role is to combine your broad technical knowledge with the strategic goals and added value that you see for our clients. You will organise workshops with C-level executives to understand their needs, so that you can make the initial draft of their to-be digital vision. You will recommend new technical solutions to empower their businesses to be ready for this future vision. This will be the foundation for the future work of your colleague architects.
- See and shape a strategic, future proof vision on the IT platform of a company.
- Layout the foundations and pinpoint the needs of an organisation in terms of new systems and products.
- Explore the possibilities of new and existing clients.
- Take the lead in the explore phase of an architecture track.
- Facilitate high level architectural workshops on C-level.
- Communicate a clear vision towards all stakeholders.
- Support the other architects when technical decisions have a business impact.
- Give advise about the current state of the art in technology.
- Master in Informatics or Master in Computer Science (or related).
- 5+ years of experience in software architecture.
- You’re a good communicator, fluently speaking, understanding and writing in English and in Dutch.
- You're able to understand a business case and translate them into clear business requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of common protocols and technologies, such as HTTP, REST, JSON, XML, OAuth, SQL, WS, MQTT, ...
- Excellent understanding of common software engineering practices (continuous integration, continuous delivery, devops, SDLC, ...) and architecture modelling practices (UML, EER).
- Understand security requirements and the impact on the architecture.
- You’re always keen to learn new things, share your knowledge, embrace change and learn from past experiences.
- You’re able to work in a team and are always open for feedback from your team mates.
- You have an affinity with product design and engineering top-notch digital products.
- You’re able to handle the pressure and flexibility of a dynamic company.
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself. In the last years, you could find our developers at WWDC, Google I/O, ReactEurope... If you’d like to know more about our perks, take a look at this page.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. We share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.