As a Web Designer you are responsible for translating requirements into usable, effective and delightful interfaces for websites and web apps. You take leading best-practices and proven design principles as a starting point to ensure your designs are clean, simple and focused. Next to that, you never take your eyes off the end user, because you know they are the ones who finally define the success of your work.
Translate requirements to interfaces
- You demonstrate a solid skill in solving UX problems through thoughtful and elegant interaction design
- You ensure a best-in-class approach by working within our product design process, standard UX best-practices and web-specific design principles
- You create visual designs that boost usability and effectiveness while adding style and delight
- You present your work to the team and the client in well-crafted deliverables such as wireframes, clickable prototypes and dynamic component libraries
Collect & resolve feedback
- You take initiative to collect feedback on your work from other team members (both designers and engineers)
- You accept and resolve feedback (from team & client) in a professional and positive way
- You work with and alongside engineers to make sure your designs get translated into the actual product
Share ideas & knowledge
- You provide thoughtful feedback on work of team members
- You participate in growing our design competence by keeping your eyes open for important evolutions in our sector and sharing ideas
- You have at least 3 years of experience in designing websites and web apps.
- You have a deep understanding of user-centered design, usability principles and best-practices in web design.
- You are proficient in working with common design tools (Sketch, Photoshop ...) and prototyping tools (Marvel, Framer, Principle ...).
- You are proficient with designing in the browser, and translating your initial designs to HTML and CSS.
- You can express yourself, your ideas and your work fluently in Dutch and English.
- You know how to communicate your ideas, opinions and design decisions to ensure a successful outcome.
- You have the ability to prioritise. You can handle several projects and many different tasks in an organised way.
- You have a fresh and innovative look on the future of digital design (on and beyond web).
- Knowledge of or experience with Agile development processes are considered a plus.
- You have interest in or experience with Frontend web technologies
- Progressive Web Apps are a plus.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values:
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. Weshare our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we’re unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire ourcolleagues to do their best work.