Do you love working with computers? Are you vigilant in your pursuit to neutralize and eliminate tech threats? Are you someone who has never met a computer bug they couldn’t vanquish? We have the perfect opportunity for you.
InterWorks is currently looking for a highly motivated individual to join our ranks. We need someone who’s ready to be an indispensable part of our team as we fight the good fight of information security. We want someone who soaks up knowledge like a sponge and is exhilarated by the prospect of day-to-day tasks that always keep them on the edge of their seats. As no two days are the same, it’s crucial that we have someone proactive in communication, confident in their abilities and flexible in changing contexts.
This is a paid internship with the option for students to pursue academic credit depending on their department.
What You’ll Do
- Monitor cyber-security anomalies and vulnerabilities and investigate events, incidents and problems
- Periodically check for company policy violation and support any relevant investigation
- Assist in the implementation and evaluation of enterprise-wide security standards, procedures, information systems and guidelines
- Guide users on usage and administration of tools that control and monitor information security
- Apply an understanding of data, networking and computer hardware to identify challenges/barriers and make recommendations
- Compile information from various sources, update spreadsheets and correspondence and perform other operational and administrative functions as assigned
- Communicate effectively and professionally to leadership, managers or partners
- Review, update or generate new work instructions to document repeatable tasks
- Analyze risk of existing network and system architectures and their security policies, document risks and propose risk treatment plans
What You’ll Need
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program in an applicable major
- Strong work ethic and commitment to job responsibilities
- Attitude of a self-starter, equally comfortable with collaborative or independent work
- Ability to learn and understand new products and technology quickly
- Adaptability to think on one’s feet and respond decisively in an unstructured environment
What We’d Like You to Have
- Experience with troubleshooting computer hardware, operating systems, and software
- Understanding of fundamental networking concepts (e.g. TCP/IP Stack)
- Familiarity with malware, ransomware, etc.
InterWorks is a people-focused tech consultancy that empowers clients with customized, collaborative solutions, and we love pursuing innovation alongside people who inspire us. Our approach to work and community is unique and unconventional—just like us—and that’s the way we want it. The only thing missing is you. At InterWorks, we value unique contributions, our people are the glue that holds our business together. We’re always looking for the right people, and we could be your perfect fit.