In collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team composed of plant scientists, software engineers, aerospace engineers, mechanical engineers, architects and material scientists, you will be the bridge between the software and hardware team to design, build and operate the automated systems of our controlled-environment BioPods. This include: sensors acquisition, PLC programming, design/build electrical system & low level programming. You have a hacker mentality and are able to go beyond the circle of standard solutions, you can understand, adapt and learn quickly in a challenging environment.
- Participate in initial equipment conceptual development and carefully balance product specifications, process requirements, layout complexity, cost, and lead-time limits
- Lay out industrial electrical control panels and create electrical, pneumatic and fluid schematics
- Design and build cutting edge automated systems using universal automation and IEC61499
- Architect, write, and debug PLC code with an emphasis on generating code that is organised, structured, documented, maintainable and reusable for future applications
- Implement control reliable safety systems for safeguarding actuators and other equipment
- Generate aesthetically simple HMI screens for complex system while providing sufficient feedback for troubleshooting
- Manage electrical cabinet builds, field wiring, pneumatic and fluid plumbing.
- Select and size electrical and electromechanical components such as servo motors and controllers.
- Deploy automated processes and equipment into production
- Design and implement sensor acquisition systems: system design, sensors selection, calibration, installation & maintenance
- Set, implement, and maintain schedules and budgets to ensure project completion
- Analyze, debug, and troubleshoot our prototypes during all phases of development
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of professional experience in the design and commissioning of automation and controls systems for industrial applications
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline.
- 3+ years of professional experience in the design and commissioning of automation and controls systems for industrial applications
- Process integration and electromechanical/mechatronic systems experience
- Electrical schematic CAD experience
- C/C++ /Python / SQL experience
- PLC programming experience, Schneider experience preferred
- IEC61131 and IEC61499 knowledge
- HMI and SCADA programming experience
- serial communication and ethernet communication
- I2C / UART / ModBus protocol
- Hands on experience building and commissioning high quality electrical control panels and electro-mechanical systems
- Exposure to a wide variety of production machinery, industrial sensors, and equipment (pumps, temperature controllers, hvac system, sensors, etc)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in fast-paced iterative design and manufacturing environments
- Experience solving complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team
- Experience with IIoT technologies and protocol
- Passionate and curious about space technologies, green technologies, IT and OT world
- Deep drive for solving tomorrow’s humanity challenges
- Strong learning capacity, adaptation and communication skills
- Emotional intelligence with empathy
- Pedagogical and willing to share knowledge with other fields
Interstellar Lab is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Interstellar Lab does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.