At Interstellar Lab, We imagine, We Design, We Make.
As a Computational Architect, you will join the architecture and construction team to work on EBIOS prototypes, modules and stations.
You want to contribute to building the next generation of environmental architectural solutions for Earth as well as advancing our path towards space exploration. You want to be part of a cross-disciplinary, dynamic and innovative team of talented individuals sourced from across the globe.
This is a fantastic opportunity for forward-thinking and ambitious designers and builders who are passionate about pushing the limits of what design can achieve and curious about cutting-edge approaches in a wide range of fields such as biology, AI and material sciences.
The ideal candidates should have strong design sensibilities, a broad experience in advanced computational design methodologies, virtual construction processes, automation and digital fabrication, together with a demonstrated history of working in the architecture & planning industry on innovative and complex projects.
She/he should also have an excellent understanding of how digital processes in design and fabrication can interact, allowing for an extension of the possibilities of the creative process during design and leveraging of a variety of complex manufacturing processes at production.
- Pioneer & Innovator
- Solution Driven
- Doer / Maker
- Team player & Proactive
- Learner & Finisher
- Complex geometry
- 3D Printing
- Material systems exploration
- Architectural design & Systems thinking
- Digital design implementation
- 3D Algorithmic & Parametric Modelling
- CAD & BIM API Development
- Design & workflow automation
- Design rationalization & optimization
- Construction detailing / Design for manufacturing and assembly
- Complex project delivery
- Digital fabrication
- Model, analyze and solve complex, multi-disciplinary design problems
- Design, iterate and implement in a fast-paced environment
- Coordinate with other teams and trades
- Holds design reviews and presentations among peers
- Maintain and advance state of the art knowledge of Computer Aided Design, Engineering and Manufacturing (CAD/CAE/CAM)
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Professional degree in Architecture (or computational design-based qualification)
- Expert knowledge and awareness of the world of CAD/CAE/CAM/BIM and its potential application
- Portfolio which demonstrates understanding of complex geometry with strong visual communication skills
- Ability to clearly articulate advanced computational concepts in an easily understandable manner
- A strong attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal and graphical communication skills
- Able to manage and prioritize tasks and time efficiently and able to work whilst under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of an effective team
- Able to manage sensitive and confidential information
- Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, lifelong learning
- 5 -7+ years of proven architectural and computational design experience in a professional setting
- Overseen or assisted in overseeing a team
- Experience in multiple design and building phases, from design implementation to preliminary studies, bidding and construction administration.
- Experience in geometric optimization and fabrication processes for complex constructive systems
- 3D Experience / CATIA (+++)
- Rhinoceros 3D + Grasshopper (+++)
- Revit + Dynamo (optional)
- Programming with common programming languages such as C# and Python
- CG Rendering
- Adobe Suite
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Paris (France)
- Los Angeles (USA)