Job Description and key responsibilities
In collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team composed of plant scientists, software engineers, aerospace engineers, mechanical engineers, architects and material scientists, you will be the bridge between the software and hardware system team for every aspects of our tomorrow’s bioregenerative habitats for Earth & Mars. With your hacker mentality, you can understand, adapt and tackle problems at all stack level of our habitats, from the lower level adaptative control, to higher level station monitoring and predictive maintenance. You are a born engineer who gets the thing done and you are a system lover who is ready to deliver value along our product’s journey to Mars.
More precisely, you will:
- Build the electrical system for the data acquisition and the system control of our bioregenerative stations.
- Implement the logical rules for automation and the interface for control with Artificial Intelligence.
- Analyze, debug, and troubleshoot our prototypes during all phases of development.
- Collaborate with Software team for mission control design and automation.
- Collaborate with Systems team for electrical integration of components and sensors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Embedded Systems Engineering, Mechatronics, Robotics or relative technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Cable Harnesses: wiring schematics, layout drawings, mechanical drawings. Crimping, solder splicing, and connector population.
- Electro-Mechanical Components: soldering, mechanical assembly, and fabrication. Validation and testing of various vendor and in-house components.
- Sensors: measurement, calibration, and troubleshooting with multi-meters, oscilloscopes, DAQs, etc.
- Good understanding of ARM architectures, IOT infrastructure (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, National Instruments, Nvidia Jetson) and real time operating systems (RTOS).
- Good knowledge of system automation: data acquisitions of sensors and actuators control with LabView (or equivalent) and design of circuits/systems that interface with them.
- Good knowledge of the programming languages C/C++ and Python.
- Knowledge of using robotics/mechatronics to build automated solutions.
- Work permit in Europe (for Paris) or US (for Los Angeles).
- Full professional proficiency in English. French is optional.
- MS degree or PHD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Embedded Systems Engineering, Robotics or relative technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years+ experience in applying knowledge above.
- Knowledge in Data Analysis and Machine Learning (Deep Learning/Reinforcement learning) with Python is a plus.
- Passionate and curious about space technologies, green technologies, artificial intelligence and/or neurosciences.
- Deep drive for solving tomorrow’s humanity challenges.
- Strong learning capacity, adaptation and communication skills.
- Emotional intelligence with empathy.
- Pedagogical and willing to share knowledge with other fields.
Interstellar is an an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.