As Biosystem Engineer, you will join our Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA) team to develop and engineer our water and waste management system.
You are passionate about closed ecological system and closed loop systems. You understand the complexity of biological systems, has a hunger to understand our biosphere and planetary science at a fundamental level, and is driven to deliver solutions for food production systems both on Earth and also in Space.
You are familiar with bio-regenerative projects like Biosphere 2, BIOS 3 or NASA BIOPLEX and you are looking forward to join a team which aims to considerably advance the state-of-the art.
You will lead the CEA team and collaborate with the ECLSS (Environment Control Life Support System) team on the mass balance modeling of our closed ecological system, the design and engineering of the aeroponic, the water treatment and the waste management system.
- Lead CEA development and engineering
- CAD modeling and analysis of CEA systems
- Collaborate with ECLSS team to improve mass balance model
- Collaborate with firmware and software team to build the environment control monitoring tools
- Ph.D. in agricultural engineering, biosystems engineering, civil engineering, plant and/or soil science, or closely related
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility, and empathy
- Knowledge and experience in controlled environment agriculture
- Knowledge in CFD and FE analysis will be appreciated
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Practical knowledge in mechanical engineering, data analysis, experimental design, statistics, plant modeling or scientific computing
- Project management experience
- Life sciences laboratory experience
Paris (France) or Los Angeles (United States)