As Life Support System Engineer, you will join our ECLSS team to work on design, development and engineering of our air / water / waste system.
You previously work on designing and assembly of life support systems for manned-mission in space. You are passionate about closed ecological system and closed loop systems. You have knowledge in physico-chemical life support solutions solutions and you are curious to explore the integration with biological systems. You have a hunger to understand our biosphere and planetary science at a fundamental level, and you are driven to deliver solutions for systems both on Earth and in Space.
You are familiar with bio-regenerative projects like Biosphere 2, BIOS 3 or NASA BIOPLEX and you are looking forward to join a team which aims to considerably advance the state-of-the art.
You will work on our ECLSS model, on the design and engineering of the controlled environment systems from atmospherics controlled system to water and waste system.
- Design and conception of atmospherics controlled system of EBIOS
- Design and conception of water / waste system of EBIOS
- CAD and 3D model of EBIOS air / water / waste systems
- Components selection, suppliers selection, testing and assembly
- Collaborate with firmware and software team to build the environment control monitoring tools
- MSc. in Space Engineering
- Industry experience in thermal design and analysis of space systems, preferably spacecraft, in-space stages, and/or landers
- Knowledge in CFD and FE analysis is a must
- Outstanding design, packaging and 3D modeling skills - CATIA preferred
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility, and empathy
Los Angeles (United States)