As the Plant Production Scientist, you will join our controlled-environment agriculture team and work on our crop cultivation system: the BioPod.
You are a world-class plant scientist or research-oriented grower who provides vision and technical leadership, embraces the complexity of biological systems, has a hunger to understand our biosphere and planetary science at a fundamental level, and is driven to deliver solutions for food production systems and sustainable indoor crop cultivation on Earth and in the furtue in Space. You are passionate about plants and believe there is way for technology and ancient agriculture wisdom to work together.
You are excited to collaborate with the team on the design and engineering of plant production systems, crop selection and monitoring algorithms and also looking forward to lead research internally as well as with other institutes in soil-based, hydroponics and aeroponics environment-controlled plant growth systems. You want to contribute in building the future of crop cultivation systems on Earth and beyond.
- Lead the development of research on environment-controlled plant growth systems
- Work on plant selection, production and processing
- Collaborate on the development of yield prediction models and implementation in our prediction algorithms
- Participate in research collaborations both inside and outside the company
- Define standards, frameworks, and tools for research and development and testing
- Contribute to crossover research in soil-based, hydroponics and aeroponics systems
- Collaborate with team in design and engineering of BioPod
- MSc degree in the biological or physical sciences
- Deep understanding of plant physiology, nutrition, and pathology
- Basic or applied research experience
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility, and empathy
- Ability to “think like plants” — to look at plant production in a holistic manner and identify what plants want, using both data analysis and hands-on interaction
- Knowledge and experience in controlled environment agriculture
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Practical knowledge in data analysis, experimental design, statistics, plant modeling, plant imaging or scientific computing
- Project management experience
- Life sciences laboratory experience
Paris (France) and/or Los Angeles (United States)