As the Plant Growth Systems Engineer, you will focus on the design, prototyping and building of EBIOS food production system. Joining our team of scientists, engineers and designers, you will lead the engineering and testing of our soil-based, hydroponics and aquaponics environment-controlled plant growth systems. You are driven to deliver solutions for food production systems both on Earth and also in Space. You want to contribute in building the future of food productions systems on Earth and beyond.
- Participate in the entire design cycle of mechanical systems, including conceptual and detailed design, trade studies, structural analysis, development testing and qualification
- Oversee engineering projects through conceptualisation, design, prototyping and testing
- Generate 3-D models, component drawings, assembly drawings
- Manage program scope, schedule and cost
- Develop component specifications and manage suppliers
- Provide manufacturing and production support
- MSc degree in Engineering
- 3-5 years of recent experience designing soil-based greenhouse, hydroponics or aeroponics systems or equivalent type mechanical system elements
- Strong mechanical design and integration skills using 3D modeling tools
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Demonstrated experience leading, mentoring and managing small, creative teams on fast paced projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in coordinating with regulatory authorities and creating compliance documentation
Los Angeles (United States) or/and Paris (France).