As the Mechanical Engineer, you will be conceiving and designing all the mechanical engineering of EBIOS domes structure. You will collaborate with ECLSS (Environment Controlled Life Support System) engineering team and the architect team to integrate all systems together. You are able to understand a macrolevel the structural design of all systems as well as focusing at a microlevel into a specific system.
You are passionate about environmental solutions and want to contribute in designing and building innovative and efficient mechanical structure. You are interested in 3D Printing, new materials and folding structure. You are passionate about space exploration and want to contribute in designing systems that we will need to live on other planets.
- Design, analyze, and create drawings in a fast paced environment
- CAD of mechanical and structural systems for EBIOS domes
- Collaborate on DFMA, testing, assembly
- Perform structural and design related analysis and calculations including CFD and FE
- Work with structural analysis to verify capabilities of structure before fabrication
- Holds design reviews and presentations among peers
- Solid experience with SolidWorks, CATIA, Simulia, ANSYS
- 3-7 years of Mechanical Design/Structural Engineering experience in aerospace or aviation
- Master's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent engineering field
- Self-starter, flexible and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines consistently
Los Angeles (United States) or/and Paris (France).