As the Mechanical Structural Engineer, you will be conceiving and designing all the mechanical structural engineering and building of EBIOS stations. You will collaborate with ECLSS (Environment Controlled Life Support System) engineering team and the architect team to integrate all systems together. You are able to understand a macrolevel the structural design of all systems as well as focusing at a microlevel into a specific system.
You are passionate about environmental solutions and want to contribute in designing and building innovative and efficient mechanical structure. You are interested in 3D Printing, new materials and folding structure. You are familiar with water treatment systems, waste management systems and food production systems. You are passionate about space exploration and want to contribute in designing systems that we will need to live on other planets.
- Design, analyze, and create drawings in a fast paced environment
- Design mechanical and structural systems for EBIOS
- Coordinate with architect and design teams to drive design for manufacturing
- Design systems and components and oversee the project from concept to production
- Perform structural and design related analysis and calculations to optimize design of product
- Work with structural analysis to verify capabilities of structure before fabrication
- Holds design reviews and presentations among peers to gain design feedback
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent engineering field
- 3-7 years of Mechanical Design/Structural Engineering experience in industries such as aerospace, aviation
- Experience with SolidWorks or similar CAD software program
- Self-starter, flexible and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines consistently
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Working knowledge in water treatment systems, waste management systems and food production systems
Los Angeles (United States) or/and Paris (France).